The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Just picked my eldest up from work.

The pub she works in had a load of battered fried black pudding left over and she brought some home

1000064961-01.jpg

Would be rude not to...
what pub is this? I need to go and try this black pudding!

Associate
Soft Light and Airy Home Cooked gluten free bun. No chemical on the nose... just pure cheese'n'Ham delight.
IMG-0005-Copy.jpg

Caputo Gluten Free Flour, the Pizza one!

166g flour
133g tepid water
5.8g Olive Oil
4g salt
3g yeast
Put the water in a jug with tepid water (110f) and mix in the yeast till incorporated.
Mix the flour&salt in a bowl with a fork to bring together.
Add the contents of the jug to the bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer (small dough hooks) till all flour is properly mixed together scraping down with a silicone spatula.
Add about 3/4 of the olive oil and mix again till incorparated, using a silicone spatula bring it together, now add the rest of the olive oil and bring it to a ball.
split that into 3 100g balls, put on a backing tray with baking paper and cover with a bit of cling film coated well with olive oil.
Let them rise for about 30mins, I use my top oven with the light on. Brush with beaten egg with most of the white removed, heat the oven at this point and bake when ready.
Bake for about 18 mins middle shelf 210c none fan or until the reach 205f internal, I sit mine on the pizza stone on an aluminium baking sheet.
Let cool if you can wait that long!

Edit: Brush with beaten egg just before you pop them in!

Edit:2
To make a 1lb loaf you would need to add the egg white from a medium egg to the flour mix and brush with the beaten yolk ontop before cooking, middle oven 210c none fan 20mins. The mix will be a lot slacker so treat it like a cake mix and pour into the tin with a silicone spatula, I use a little olive oil with a brush to shape the loaf with a slight dome to it, cover/raise until it's level with the top of the tin.
Bake when your dough is at this point.

IMG-0001-Copy-2.jpg

Should look like this https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-now-eating-thread.18265324/page-1983#post-37109489

Last edited:
Soldato
Soft Light and Airy Home Cooked gluten free bun. No chemical on the nose... just pure cheese'n'Ham delight.
Caputo Gluten Free Flour, the Pizza one!

166g flour
133g tepid water
5.8g Olive Oil
4g salt
3g yeast
Put the water in a jug with tepid water (110f) and mix in the yeast till incorporated.
Mix the flour&salt in a bowl with a fork to bring together.
Add the contents of the jug to the bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer (small dough hooks) till all flour is properly mixed together scraping down with a silicone spatula.
Add about 3/4 of the olive oil and mix again till incorparated, using a silicone spatula bring it together, now add the rest of the olive oil and bring it to a ball.
split that into 3 100g balls, put on a backing tray with baking paper and cover with a bit of cling film coated well with olive oil.
Let them rise for about 30mins, I use my top oven with the light on. Brush with beaten egg with most of the white removed, heat the oven at this point and bake when ready.
Bake for about 18 mins middle shelf 210c none fan or until the reach 205f internal, I sit mine on the pizza stone on an aluminium baking sheet.
Let cool if you can wait that long!

Edit: Brush with beaten egg just before you pop them in!
I hope they were still warm at the time of inhaling?

Back
Top Bottom