• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

@jh30uk, I simply responded with regards to AMD users 'panicking'-for better a word, and my reasons of showing trepedation towards user data in light of recent 'scores', the posts prior to this one were all on topic.

@Greg, review BM's get put up all the time-especially on gpu release day, you can't move the goalposts each time it suits.

@jh30uk, I simply responded with regards to AMD users 'panicking'-for better a word, and my reasons of showing trepedation towards user data in light of recent 'scores', the posts prior to this one were all on topic.

@greg, review BM's get put up all the time-especially on gpu release day, you can't move the goalposts each time it suits.

Sorry what? What goal posts have I moved? I have shown you how a pair of Titans were faster in the 2 benches I tested than the 780Ti's that were posted by you. I did real testing and you didn't but you would rather use the paid reviewers over people like me, Neil and PGI? Am I missing something or am I reading it as you being purposefully obtuse?

This is the fastest 780TI SLI 1440P Tomb Raider result

The 780TI runs at 928Mhz

1. vsg28 - 780Ti @1254/1825, ???. 106.3

vsg28 has a 35% overclock and got 106 FPS

The review has 76 FPS with stock 780TIs, 76 + 35% = 103 FPS, a 3% margin or error.

Next one down at the same sort of Clock speed.

2. chaparral - 780Ti @1253/3791, 331.82. 100.2

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18555357&highlight=Tomb+Raider+Benchmark

These are the settings they used

These are the settings we used

Can you spot the difference?

So we have AMD writing a poor API in Mantle, and nVidia turn round and spank them silly with a driver ? lol - I bet nVidia were toying with them.

***Troll_Snip***

This is what counts for me as I don't play at 4K :p

62500.png

Domination for the 780Ti's in SLI.

When the paid reviewers results come into question, it's ok for you to post paid reviewers data when it suits a pov=goalposts moving.

When you can put up Fcat results, I'll take more notice as there is clearly something going on.

I guess you will be sticking with Mantle then :p I will stick with my way of testing and you are quite correct, I don't have Fcat equipment and just the use of my equipment and eyes for testing. Personally, I hope a few people were interested in my results and I thouroughly enjoy doing the tests.

More to come and 3D testing I am looking forward to.

This is what counts for me as I don't play at 4K :p

62500.png

Domination for the 780Ti's in SLI.

PCPer clearly shows the opposite situation. Just providing some balance.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-R9-295X2-8GB-Graphics-Card-Review

new AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is clearly the fastest graphics card for gaming on the planet. With a pair of full-speed Hawaii GPUs running at over 1.0 GHz on 5,632 stream processors and 8GB of total graphics memory, the R9 295X2 impresses on the list of specifications and then does so again and again in our gaming testing. In only a couple of cases did the pair of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti cards running in SLI outperform the R9 295X2 at 2560x1440 (GRID 2 and Skyrim) and only once did it happen when running at the ultimate flagship resolution, 3840x2160 (Skyrim).

Everywhere else, the Radeon R9 295X2 presented a dominant performance with gaming frame rates that were both fast and surprisingly consistent! Anyone that debates the value of the storm created by PC Perspective and other sites about smooth, low variance frame times needs to be taken off the Internet. We, as a community, forced a company to recognize its faults and fix them and because of that we have a much better product with the R9 295X2 than we would have otherwise. AMD has progressed enough to even offer better frame pacing that NVIDIA's SLI in several instances including Battlefield 4 and Bioshock Infinite.

EDIT: I would never consider the 295x2, but to say Ti's dominate, and just show one of many reviews that happens to give that result, isn't the truth.

Earlier, I installed the latest Beta drivers, and lost Nvidia control panel - I've rolled back, done an complete uninstall, and reinstall of the old release driver, and its all ok.

Is it 100% there in the beta drivers?

Again clueless humbug cannot grasp this is the very 1st Beta driver against how many mantle builds (I have asked 3x now)?

Just had to comment on this. Mantle is still in a very early Beta stage, developers have said they should be at 1 million draw calls in 2015, currently they are at around 100K drawcalls. While DX11 has been out for a few years now, Kepler has been out for 2 years and I presume Nvidia have been putting out drivers during that time? In fact it's driver build number 337.5. And usually there isn't much of a increase in performance for Nvidia between Beta and WHQL drivers.

This isn't defending AMD or criticising Nvidia. Just pointing out the inaccuracy of what you posted.

All these arguments and put downs of the other company is just ridiculous!! It's the same few people arguing the same things all the time. Only difference between this and the Mantle threads is now the arguments are all reversed.

The drivers, they are great, well done Nvidia for getting more out their cards so late in the development cycle. Free performance is great.

Just like Mantle is great, well done AMD for trying out an API and showing that the PC world does in fact need more bare to the metal drivers/API.

Not accurate! this is the 1st Nvidia Beta driver and mantle has had how many builds (4th time asking now and still no reply)?

mantle is not the topic here period.

There would be no argument if the AMD fanboys did not spam Nvidia / DX12 topic threads, a Mod has already cleaned out 2 threads of it and it still returns.

Last edited:
When the paid reviewers results come into question, it's ok for you to post paid reviewers data when it suits a pov=goalposts moving.

When you can put up Fcat results, I'll take more notice as there is clearly something going on.

it is called a counter point, or balance... since you were the one to start throwing graphs about you can hardly criticise someone else for doing the same in reply

Back
Top Bottom