• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Significant improvement here with Tomb Raider, max settings.
Minimums are much higher and stutter free :)

Getting the 30 second long hard system lock on first opening the nVidia control panel with 327.24 :( which I wasn't getting with the driver versions other people were complaining it happened with.

Other than that haven't seen any issues so far tho I think these are missing some incoming updates on the main GeForce line and seem to perform a little better - getting 86fps solid in one part of eve online with these where I was getting 60-70 before.

Getting the 30 second long hard system lock on first opening the nVidia control panel with 327.24 :( which I wasn't getting with the driver versions other people were complaining it happened with.

Odd, there be some left over remains from a previous driver related to the control panel.

The 327.24's are far better than the official 23's, but then that comes as no surprise lately :(

Odd, there be some left over remains from a previous driver related to the control panel.

The 327.24's are far better than the official 23's, but then that comes as no surprise lately :(

Hasn't done it again since, possible I tried to open it too soon while the PC was still loading windows (I manually rebooted after installation had completed).

Grabbing this just now. Think Windows Update tried to tell me this was available but I prefer to grab drivers directly from the Nvidia website and install from those rather than use WU.

I'm curious how people are installing their drivers, especially those experiencing problems. Are you completely uninstalling the drivers first with a utility such as Display Driver Uninstaller which is constantly maintained?

Some of us are a bit more ummm how shall I say it? Computer savi ;)

How about this for a clean install, when I had my 560TI

Uninstall Drivers
Use Driver-Sweeper
Use Driver-Fusion
Reboot into Windows Safe Mode
Use Driver-Fusion + CCleaner
Reboot into normal windows
Install Drivers ( Custom, Clean Install )

And guess what, they still sucked!

Thankfully I'm using a 660 now and the 327.24's as the .23's are PANTS as is every damn driver before, well the 314.22.s were awesome. There are a lot of people that end up going back to that driver, makes ya think no?

Back
Top Bottom