• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

On my gaming laptop 327.24 has the web browsing problems that were plaguing 326.2x and 326.4x going back to 326.80 that have been completely stable for me - though 327.24 seeem really good on the gaming side of things.

On my gaming laptop 327.24 has the web browsing problems that were plaguing 326.2x and 326.4x going back to 326.80 that have been completely stable for me - though 327.24 seeem really good on the gaming side of things.

Web browsing problems?

I run Mozilla and always have hardware acceleration disabled, not sure if that could fix your issue?

Pages especially flash content, etc. randomly lockup then the driver does the timeout and recover thing.

Disabling hardware acceleration fixes it but I prefer to have that enabled - going back to 326.80 it works fine just lose 3-5% performance over 327.24 in some games.

Pages especially flash content, etc. randomly lockup then the driver does the timeout and recover thing.

Disabling hardware acceleration fixes it but I prefer to have that enabled - going back to 326.80 it works fine just lose 3-5% performance over 327.24 in some games.

Yeah I have had some weird issues in the past with web browsing with both AMD and Nvidia cards, so always have hardware acceleration disabled. I guess you have to revert if you want it on.

Tried out newest drivers (been using 314.22 for ages)
Firefox lag issue - fixed
BF3 weird textures issue - fixed
No black screens, no driver crashes (yet)
FPS holding decent

Yeah I have had some weird issues in the past with web browsing with both AMD and Nvidia cards, so always have hardware acceleration disabled. I guess you have to revert if you want it on.

Just seems to be the GTX675m (basically 560 series) thats having problems with web browsing my other setups are fine on 327.24 - guess they are still having problems with the 560 cards :| though 326.80 seems to work fine on it.

Tried out newest drivers (been using 314.22 for ages)
Firefox lag issue - fixed
BF3 weird textures issue - fixed
No black screens, no driver crashes (yet)
FPS holding decent

I spoke too soon :( CS:GO black screen the moment the game starts up, random momentary black flashes when opening somethings
I was on 327.23, trying 327.24 now

Edit: 327.24 fixed the CS:GO black screen, and random momentary black flashes going to try out BF3 and report back in a bit!

Last edited:
Tried the 327.24's seeing as people were giving them good reports here but they didn't work out for me on my 460GTX.

No BSODs like other drivers, but had a long freeze on desktop with notices in the event manager pointing towards the display drivers so it's back to 314.22 for me which works flawlessly.

It's a shame because up to and including 314.22 I never had any issues.

Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta Released – BF4 Ready Driver, Adds HBAO+ For All DX9 & DX11 Apps

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta.exe

Graphics
Implemented Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion plus (HBAO+) for DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 applications.
OpenGL
Added support for OpenG 4.4
NVIDIA SLI Technology
Added or updated the following profiles:

• Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
  • Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
  • Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
  • Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Added SLI Profile
  • Crisis – Added SLI Profile
  • Crysis 3 – Added AO Profile
  • Dirty Bomb – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
  • F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
  • FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added AO Profile
  • Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
  • Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Space Hulk – Updated Profile
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
  • State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
Additional details:
  • PhysX-Systemsoftware PhysX_9.13.0725
  • HD-Audiotreiber 06/16/2013,1.3.26.4
  • GeForce Experience 8.3.14.1
  • DriverVer 09/27/2013, 9.18.13.3140

Remember, just because it's BETA doesn't mean it's worse than the WHQL's, the WHQL's thus far have been awful for many releases. Dev drivers excelled!

Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta Released – BF4 Ready Driver, Adds HBAO+ For All DX9 & DX11 Apps

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta.exe

Graphics
Implemented Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion plus (HBAO+) for DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 applications.
OpenGL
Added support for OpenG 4.4
NVIDIA SLI Technology
Added or updated the following profiles:

• Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
  • Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
  • Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
  • Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Added SLI Profile
  • Crisis – Added SLI Profile
  • Crysis 3 – Added AO Profile
  • Dirty Bomb – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
  • F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
  • FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added AO Profile
  • Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
  • Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Space Hulk – Updated Profile
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
  • State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
  • Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
Additional details:
  • PhysX-Systemsoftware PhysX_9.13.0725
  • HD-Audiotreiber 06/16/2013,1.3.26.4
  • GeForce Experience 8.3.14.1
  • DriverVer 09/27/2013, 9.18.13.3140

Remember, just because it's BETA doesn't mean it's worse than the WHQL's, the WHQL's thus far have been awful for many releases. Dev drivers excelled!

*Updated op*

Back
Top Bottom