• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
OP
Latest drivers seem to have fixed locked full clock speeds and random crashes. Funny that these issues weren't mentioned in the new driver release, just that it's 'game ready'. That last driver was awful :p They quickly glossed over that one xD

Soldato
Ok cheers, i see there is a setting in Doom to use it, does it give better graphics ? or what does it do you know ? thx
It doesn't offer any graphical improvements, but AMD cards get a massive performance boost from it. Nvidia cards also get a boost from it, but to a much smaller degree.

Man of Honour
It doesn't offer any graphical improvements, but AMD cards get a massive performance boost from it. Nvidia cards also get a boost from it, but to a much smaller degree.

I've not seen great results with my 1070 actually in Doom and Vulkan - not really played with it much on this card through - but initially was seeing drops to 83 fps in places where Open GL was at 137 fps, etc. I think its due to some V-Sync bug related issue.

Soldato
I might roll back to 372.54 at this rate...getting freezing whilst watching YouTube videos, not all the time mind you just every now and again but I cba with it.

I get the same thing screen blanks then a "display driver has recovered from an error" or somesuch except with watching iPlayer content. Later I got a got a real, actual BSOD. Havn't seen one of those for aeons. GeForce experience won't auto update drivers either it fails everytime and rolls back to "Standard VGA adapter" in glorious 640x480.

Its driving me nuts honestly.

Soldato
i have that bug too and i think its gsync related. Do you have a gsync panel by chance?. What works for me is switching to 120hz and then back to 144hz. Overall though this driver seems wonkey at best.. something off about it besides this bug. Havent had any crashes though. Not yet atleast.

Yes, dell gsync 1440p panel. Hopefully sorted next release.

Associate
Hi guys how are you?
Are you with lower core after 368.xx drivers? all 3 372.xx drivers give something about 13mhz less when you start a game or even playing a gem, it`s clear that the core is lower comparing to 368.xx, anyone with thi issue?This happens still with the overclock
Just to know i use here a EVGA 1080 SC SLI ACX 3.0
Thanks

Man of Honour
Hi guys how are you?
Are you with lower core after 368.xx drivers? all 3 372.xx drivers give something about 13mhz less when you start a game or even playing a gem, it`s clear that the core is lower comparing to 368.xx, anyone with thi issue?This happens still with the overclock
Thanks

Clocks don't matter, it is what performance you are getting that counts.:)

From what I have seen so far the 372.xx drivers are good for performance.

Soldato
Clocks don't matter, it is what performance you are getting that counts.:)

From what I have seen so far the 372.xx drivers are good for performance.

But **** for anything else. Gsync behaviour is weird at random as in it breaks and it has to be disabled and reenabled not to mention flickering when freshly booted into desktop at 144hz. This problem has persisted through multiple reinstalls of windows on 372.* for me. Granted with the latest .90 driver gsync hasn't broken yet so i guess that's atleast one issue out of the way for now.

Soldato
Went with the .95 quadro driver and turned gsync off.. been working great so fare. Been using ULMB and enjoyed it for the most part as tearing isn't an issue to me when pushing 200+ frames.

Soldato
Hi guys how are you?
Thanks

They may have dialled the boost clocks back, since they are a big reason for many cards being unstable and getting the black screen crashes :/

Back
Top Bottom