• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Tired of the nvidia constantly doing some sort of BS and i wish i could switch but that makes no sense either for me and tbh im starting to get a bit addicted to the 67 degree load temps and no fan noise in my case. Damn that 1070 is an awesome card. Also nothing on the competing sides that rivals the 1070 unless i want run mGPU and atm i really dont.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm playing less and less also. The prices are pushing me out. Looking at next gen consoles instead.

Im the other way around, get top PC games cheap, console like £55 a game, and same on PC £30 or £20, how are those prices pushing you out, you always pay twice as much for same game on consoles, and PC games come down in a few weeks of release, where on console they stay high for ages and never come down to PC prices, or do you mean prices of pc parts.

Caporegime
PC's are getting more expensive, not just with GPU's but also CPU's.

It just means i upgrade less, skip a generation to get a real upgrade for around the same money.

PC gaming its self is very console like these days anyway and i do tend to play a lot less games, i haven't bought a new PC game in months, for gaming i spend 90% of my time in Star Citizen, even given that its an early Alpha its one of very few true PC games.
For gaming i can see my PC being a device to run Star Citizen and thats it.

Man of Honour
SWTOR was the last proper PC game I played for any length of time. Most other games are also on the consoles.

Next one I'll play will be Titanfall 2. I really can't stand playing FPS on a console.

Soldato
Im the other way around, get top PC games cheap, console like £55 a game, and same on PC £30 or £20, how are those prices pushing you out, you always pay twice as much for same game on consoles, and PC games come down in a few weeks of release, where on console they stay high for ages and never come down to PC prices, or do you mean prices of pc parts.

Game prices are fine. It's the components that run them that is not.

Associate
Game prices are fine. It's the components that run them that is not.

Both Games and components are too expensive at the moment. £30 - £40 per game and then they want the same on top for so called DLC....half of which should have been in the original game to start with *cough* Battlefront *cough*

However, I do tend to shop around or wait for AAA titles to fall in price. As for components I just go for the best prices I can get. Current component prices are high due to a poor pound on the world markets and gouging due to lack of stocks. I can see the next bump up in price coming in March as the PM has said that Article 50 will be put into action around then. :(

Caporegime
Both Games and components are too expensive at the moment. £30 - £40 per game and then they want the same on top for so called DLC....half of which should have been in the original game to start with *cough* Battlefront *cough*

However, I do tend to shop around or wait for AAA titles to fall in price. As for components I just go for the best prices I can get. Current component prices are high due to a poor pound on the world markets and gouging due to lack of stocks. I can see the next bump up in price coming in March as the PM has said that Article 50 will be put into action around then. :(

Look at battlefield 1. £100 for the everything package on pre-order. Mental.

I'm like you and buy last years AAA titles for a fiver. Still enjoy them and by then my machine can run them great. Shadow of Mordor cost me a fiver and runs at 4k ultra at 80 fps on my current rig. At the time of launch doubt I would have got 30 fps.

Soldato
Anyone with the latest drivers having a black screen when alt tabbing from games? I just noticed it now with Euro Truck 2 and Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

I'll run DDU and have a clean install of 372.90 and see if that fixes it.

Soldato
PC's are getting more expensive, not just with GPU's but also CPU's.

It just means i upgrade less, skip a generation to get a real upgrade for around the same money.

PC gaming its self is very console like these days anyway and i do tend to play a lot less games, i haven't bought a new PC game in months, for gaming i spend 90% of my time in Star Citizen, even given that its an early Alpha its one of very few true PC games.
For gaming i can see my PC being a device to run Star Citizen and thats it.

I found the opposite. Advancements are so slow now upgrades happen less and less as there just is no reason to upgrade. My CPU is over 5 years old and although I want to upgrade there still isn't anything worth while to upgrade to. For the first time ever I have gone over 2 years without upgrading the GPU just because there isn't any real benefit. Same for my screen its over 5 years old and still nothing worthwhile to upgrade to. As for games most of the best games I have played in the past year have all been sub £10 on Steam. Effectively I have a mostly 5+ year old PC that still feels mostly in top range due to slow advancements. That's never happened before in the past I had to upgrade parts every year or two.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I found the opposite. Advancements are so slow now upgrades happen less and less as there just is no reason to upgrade. My CPU is over 5 years old and although I want to upgrade there still isn't anything worth while to upgrade to. For the first time ever I have gone over 2 years without upgrading the GPU just because there isn't any real benefit. Same for my screen its over 5 years old and still nothing worthwhile to upgrade to. As for games most of the best games I have played in the past year have all been sub £10 on Steam. Effectively I have a mostly 5+ year old PC that still feels mostly in top range due to slow advancements. That's never happened before in the past I had to upgrade parts every year or two.

Have to disagree there. If your monitor is 5 year old I would say its 1080p? 3440x1440 and Gsync are MASSIVE improvements and in turn,need more GPU power

Soldato
Have to disagree there. If your monitor is 5 year old I would say its 1080p? 3440x1440 and Gsync are MASSIVE improvements and in turn,need more GPU power
Its 2560x1440 IPS 12-bit internal processing 1.07 billon colours, wide 110% colour gamut. which is still better then most screens on the market today. The only thing I am missing out on is Gsync which is nice to have but by itself isn't worthwhile to upgrade to. As much as I want a new screen I just cannot find a worthwhile upgrade same for CPU and other components. Over 5 years later and apart from 1 GPU upgrade everything runs perfectly and there is little reason to upgraded. I never had a CPU last over 5 years before. Personally I find PCs are lasting longer each generation and the upgrading cost over the years is going down and down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom