• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime

Windows 10 Fixed Issues;

Improved the framerate consistency of the R370 drivers in VR games and applications.[1804037]

[372.70, GP100] FPS limiter broken in R370 drivers in windowed mode with high FPS.[1814275]

[372.54] Corruption in Overwatch decals. [1816111]

- Enabled Fast Sync for Maxwell GPUs and the Extended, Clone, and Surround multi-monitor configurations.

- Support for updated BatteryBoost technology.

- Enabled mclk switches on 144 Hz G-SYNC monitors in multi-monitor use cases in order to lower power consumption.

-Support OpenGL VR SDK 1.4 (Windows).

- Added a Windows cross-API interop between Vulkan and DirectX 11. This enables Vulkan app compatibility with existing DirectX 11-based HMD runtimes.

- Added driver support for DXGI 2 VR.

- Added security updates for driver components.

Soldato
Currently running the latest drivers (372.90) on a Win 7 64bit PC with a GeForce GTX 970.

Not long after Windows booting the following is thrown: -

It recovers and all seems normal, it's just a pain especially if I'm already in a game, and it's not just with the same game it keeps happening.

Anyone have any ideas what I should look for to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards

This is normal. Just Nvidia's way of encouraging you to buy their latest iteration of cards.

Soldato
Currently running the latest drivers (372.90) on a Win 7 64bit PC with a GeForce GTX 970.

Not long after Windows booting the following is thrown: -

It recovers and all seems normal, it's just a pain especially if I'm already in a game, and it's not just with the same game it keeps happening.

Anyone have any ideas what I should look for to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards

Are you over clocking the card? If so then that is most likely the cause.

Caporegime
Windows 10 Fixed Issues;

Improved the framerate consistency of the R370 drivers in VR games and applications.[1804037]

[372.70, GP100] FPS limiter broken in R370 drivers in windowed mode with high FPS.[1814275]

[372.54] Corruption in Overwatch decals. [1816111]

- Enabled Fast Sync for Maxwell GPUs and the Extended, Clone, and Surround multi-monitor configurations.

- Support for updated BatteryBoost technology.

- Enabled mclk switches on 144 Hz G-SYNC monitors in multi-monitor use cases in order to lower power consumption.

-Support OpenGL VR SDK 1.4 (Windows).

- Added a Windows cross-API interop between Vulkan and DirectX 11. This enables Vulkan app compatibility with existing DirectX 11-based HMD runtimes.

- Added driver support for DXGI 2 VR.

- Added security updates for driver components.

"Enabled Fast Sync for Maxwell GPUs"

Really? whats that?

Man of Honour
I thought you were aware of Fast Sync already? sure I'd seen you post on it.

It allows the application to render as fast as possible while the end point of the GPU only selects the frames that it can display without tearing - which results in the lowest possible latency while using V-Sync type functionality where normally the end point controls how fast the application can tick over graphics rendering.

TBH it is kind of ground breaking if you have like a 75-100Hz display and a GPU setup capable of rendering a good bit faster than that as it gives responsiveness in games much closer to a 120+Hz display without any tearing (though still not quite as good as V-Sync off for input latency).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah its a good thing.

I can't find the settings for it, unless this is it? its pretty discrete.

fast.png

Man of Honour
Yeah that is the setting for it. Not sure if they solved the situations where it doesn't work so well yet - its been working fine for me on Pascal with higher refresh panels.

Man of Honour
Shouldn't see any tearing at all if its working right - turning off V-Sync ingame with Fast set in the nVidia control panel would ensure best compatibility.

Soldato
Yeah, ironically i would never have picked the 1080 for the CAD machine, and even more ironically the machine is going to be only used via RDP Sessions as its going to be housed in our Server room... The whole things an utter joke really, i would have picked a Quaddro or a Firepro card, unfortunately the Dell Premier portal we use has preconfigured builds on it and this build was done by someone who probably didnt have an idea of the issues that would arise.

Any idea what drivers i can get that will work with Win10 10240 build ver? which are the earlier ones that will be compatible with it?

Any of the drivers for the GTX 1080 before 2 August 2016 when Windows 10 Anniversary Update was released.

So go here http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers stick the setup you have (windows 10 64bit and GTX 1080) in the lists and search drivers and it will list them all.

Version 368.81 is the last none Windows 10 Anniversary Update driver. So I would install that one and see how it goes and if a problem try a later one after that and so on, but i'm sure that should be fine.

Associate
Any of the drivers for the GTX 1080 before 2 August 2016 when Windows 10 Anniversary Update was released.

So go here http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers stick the setup you have (windows 10 64bit and GTX 1080) in the lists and search drivers and it will list them all.

Version 368.81 is the last none Windows 10 Anniversary Update driver. So I would install that one and see how it goes and if a problem try a later one after that and so on, but i'm sure that should be fine.

In fact, one of the best one for maxwell too.

Soldato
Another pathetic driver from Nvidia.
Not fixing still the flickering and artifacts at desktop when 144hz monitor is used.
On top second driver in row where the benchmark scores are lower by 5% than previous driver. Making 10% loss since 370.70

Caporegime
Another pathetic driver from Nvidia.
Not fixing still the flickering and artifacts at desktop when 144hz monitor is used.
On top second driver in row where the benchmark scores are lower by 5% than previous driver. Making 10% loss since 370.70

Really? What is the current best driver for benchmarking pascal pleasE?

Back
Top Bottom