• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Also, it's for 4K SLI only:

"When running at 4K resolutions, SLI performance increases by as much as 50% in key titles like Metro: Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4."

Can't test them till Thursday. I'm currently serving a 72 hour Battlelog suspension. Unlike elsewhere this one was fully deserved for an 'offensive' emblem.

*Cough*

EA Suspension E-mail said:
Images - Third Reich Referencing

The wording on the email did make me laugh though.

Just had a hard crash on these drivers when running heaven, turned into artefact city and clocked out...machine wouldn't login and kept BSODing in Windows 8. Till I cut power, rebooted and now it's fine. These new drivers don't particularly like Heaven score wise anyway. At least for me

Just had a hard crash on these drivers when running heaven, turned into artefact city and clocked out...machine wouldn't login and kept BSODing in Windows 8. Till I cut power, rebooted and now it's fine. These new drivers don't particularly like Heaven score wise anyway. At least for me

Yeah my score has dropped a bit in Heaven on these.

Annoyingly the task tray icon has disappeared with these drivers too. Not that I really ever click it but I do like it there :D

I've still got the task tray icon in W8!

Just tried the TR bench to beat Scotty, FPS has shot right down on these drivers lol :(. Think they're all booted with optimisations for newer games

Weird. I can't even re-enable it either :(.

No View -> option on the control panel. Odd!

Shouldn't regress old games really as a result of optimisations. Don't have enough benchies to test but tempted to go back to 331.65.

Just ran heaven again on the same settings and got 1639 and had 1598 before. Work that out :D.

Last edited:
Not so sure about these 331.82WHQL on the GTX780 Ti as mine gives a purple screen :eek: on power up until Windows 7 loads then its fine :confused:

Performance seems good with these in SLI until I enable shadowplay. Only seeing ~80% GPU usage with shadowplay enabled (3dmark11+games). Tried a clean sweep/single vs SLI etc and its definitely this driver with shadowplay.

Last driver was fine...very strange.

Anyone else seeing this?

Not entirely convinced by these in BF4 tho need more testing to be sure - while on the firing range they give me about 9% more fps, in chaotic battles in the middle of say flood zone it felt like lower framerates than before and was seeing some dips to 40s when I don't recall seeing below 50 fps before there.

Still lost my tray icon. Weirdly enough it was there before but having looked on the internet some say they haven't had it for ages. What a weird one. Think it was a registry setting I cleaned out and now it's gone for good :D.

Great times lol.

Shadow Play rinses my FPS in some games, hence why I was getting 170fps in TR benchmark when with it disabled I was getting 214. That's not with it running obviously, just active.

I keep getting this uncorrectable error BSODs which I hadn't before, but seems to be only when pushing the cards too far. Will run at stock from here on in and see if it does it then.

Yeah let us know how you get on in other games. My 24/7 clocks are giving me a score of 1600 in Heaven which is a little bit up on before so think I've sorted whatever was causing the low scores before.

Posted this in the bf4 benchmark thread too. Thought id add it in here.

Ran a quick bench with a mild oc on the gpu's, +80/+500. Cpu at stock. Rouge transmission, 64 players. Ultra, x4 msaa, terrain decor on medium, (god only knows if its ultra or not). 331.65 driver, ill try the latest version after.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
75031, 600000, 49, 193, 125.052

Average is pretty good, minimums a bit low, though probably not helped by my stock cpu.

331.82 drivers, same map as before.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
45861, 600000, 54, 105, 76.435

Better minimums, max and average differ quite a bit in most benchmarks ive ran.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom