• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Kinda funny that after i started to remove everything from the install folder except the display driver and physx ive stopped getting issues. Every driver for a long time has been working pretty well and the only bug some of them have been giving me is stuck 3d clocks. Makes you think.

Soldato
As of this driver and the last which I only updated to a few days ago on this rig, I swear my 1080 Ti is spitting out less frames, No tin foil hat shenanigans but even in Destiny 2 I'm noticing FPS are a lot lower than they were a week ago, Even comparing my Gaming X 1080 Ti to reviews I'm falling about 20FPS behind what reviewers got upon launch in the various games tested with the same settings etc...

Either my card is dying or the drivers messed something up.

Man of Honour
These are much better than the last release for me. I have seen a big improvement in smoothness and minimum fps in TS2018 which uses the Unreal 4 engine. I just did a stripped down install (just the driver and physx) over the top of the previous version.

V F

V F

Soldato
As of this driver and the last which I only updated to a few days ago on this rig, I swear my 1080 Ti is spitting out less frames, No tin foil hat shenanigans but even in Destiny 2 I'm noticing FPS are a lot lower than they were a week ago, Even comparing my Gaming X 1080 Ti to reviews I'm falling about 20FPS behind what reviewers got upon launch in the various games tested with the same settings etc...

How can it be dying...

Soldato
Associate
You still get the telemetry and some other stuff installing that way though. If you strip it down to just the driver, physx and HD audio if you need it then that is all that get's installed.
I was just about to say the same thing. The guy gives instructions on how to do it yourself in his first post.

Soldato
How can it be dying...

It can't it was a problem to do with GPU sag, I tried to combat the very slight GPU sag by pushing the card up very slightly at the PCI bracket end and then screwing it in, Apparently that made 1-2 PCI-E slot pins lose connection with the card ever so slightly resulting in lowered performance, All back to normal now though as I undid my "fix" :p

Soldato
You still get the telemetry and some other stuff installing that way though. If you strip it down to just the driver, physx and HD audio if you need it then that is all that get's installed.

I was just about to say the same thing.

In the context of these drivers only what does the telemetry thing actually do, rather than what it is suspected (?) or thought of doing...?

Genuine question

Associate
In the context of these drivers only what does the telemetry thing actually do, rather than what it is suspected (?) or thought of doing...?

Genuine question
My understanding it's data logging of the performance of the drivers.

The clean drivers cut down the number of unnecessary processes running in the background.

Soldato
My understanding it's data logging of the performance of the drivers.

The clean drivers cut down the number of unnecessary processes running in the background.

Whilst I'm not diminishing the relevance for some people who feel the need to try and stop that from occurring I'm happy enough to carry on with a std set of drivers and untick the bits that I do not need.
If it is about the data logging of the drivers performance then that's sounds reasonable to me.

Soldato

The experts in this thread have stated that nvidia do not gimp their drivers when new cards are released so either a) your card must be dying or b) you're lying :p

Nvidia never does anything bad. Nvidia are good. Nvidia are life. Hail Nvidia!

Back
Top Bottom