• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
v418.81 WHQL Drivers Released

Gaming Technology

Includes support for new GeForce RTX laptops, and delivers the optimum performance in Futuremark’s 3DMark Port Royal benchmark, which has just added a new feature test for NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS).

Added or updated the following SLI profiles

• Anthem
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
  • Life is strange Season 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
  • NBA 2K19 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
  • Space Hulk Tactics - AFR enabled for Turing GPU
Software Module Versions

• nView - 149.34
  • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.13
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.18.0907
  • GeForce Experience - 3.16.0.140
  • CUDA - 10.0

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Gamestream][OS HDR]: Stream is not set to launch in HDR despite having HDR
  • display attached to the PC and client. [2467526]
  • [GeForce Experience]: Share FPS overlay appears in the Twitter UWP app from the
  • Microsoft Store. [2465033]
  • [G-SYNC]: Flickering may occurs in games if G-SYNC is enabled. [2399845]
  • [G-SYNC]: With G-SYNC enabled, after hot-pugging a G-SYNC display and then a GSYNC Compatible display, the right half of the G-SYNC Compatible display may go blank. [200484819]

Man of Honour
Did a reinstall of Windows as the installer service became corrupt somehow. Decided to use Shut up 10 and also the 'cleaned' drivers, working fine so far.

Soldato
I can confirm these fix the issues where I had to turn my 4K Samsung U32E850 off and on again after loging into Windows from cold boot, or after returning from power saving mode.

Freesync is working on this monitor as intended.

Associate
Anyone have any ideas on the below, or am I being a complete idiot?

Purchased a MSI 2080 ti gaming x today. Updated BIOS to latest, DDU'd drivers and installed it. Tried installing 418.81 but it says it's not compatible with this version of windows. So I've just sat and updated windows

Still says the driver is not compatible.

Monitor running off mobo is working, monitor plugged into GPU is not. Lights on GPU are turned on and visible. Now i'm stuck. What am I missing?

Caporegime

Purchased a MSI 2080 ti gaming x today. Updated BIOS to latest, DDU'd drivers and installed it. Tried installing 418.81 but it says it's not compatible with this version of windows. So I've just sat and updated windows

Monitor running off mobo is working, monitor plugged into GPU is not. Lights on GPU are turned on and visible. Now i'm stuck. What am I missing?

GPU DOA?

Permabanned

What version of Windows are you running?

Soldato
I am getting random blanking screens with this driver with freesync enabled, gone back to the previous driver and all is well again. weird :rolleyes:

Benq EW3270U

Associate
Used DDU a long time ago in the past and it somehow messed up my Windows install where it just caused a repeated BSOD loop, thankfully system restore fixed it. This must have been a good few years ago though around the Windows 8 days and I never touched it since.

Unfortunately I had to use it today as for some reason even a clean driver install refused to remove and reinstall the current version NGX driver, removed and reinstalled everything else ok though. A long while back one of the hotfix drivers had the NGX driver 1.3.0 but every driver since then always had a lower driver version so it never got overwritten with the new one. Seemed DDU was the only way I could remove it and thankfully it did remove it and my system is still fine.

Personally I would only use DDU as a last resort once I know I backed up my system first just in case.

Back
Top Bottom