• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Is it just me or is scrolling in chrome a heck of a lot smoother with these drivers. I dont think chromes updated unless it did and i didnt see but the only thing i have changed recently is update my nvidia drivers to the ones that came out a few days ago and ive noticed scrolling in chrome lookin very very slick when you hold the middle mouse button and drag up and down. Unless its just me.

It's a Chrome change.

Just noticed Nvidia have listed the 800m series on the driver download page.

From the latest driver build it looks like the 880m is just a rebadged 780m with a bit more VRAM and some other minor tweaks to the core/clocks :| (not really unexpected but I was kind of hoping they'd atleast use the new stepping GK110 for the highest end mobile part).

I find .82s the worst for stutter - .65s have least stutter for me but have some compatibility issues on kepler GPUs and BF4, 331.93 works fairly well with a lot less stutter than 82s on my 780 and previous 470 SLI, not got around to trying the 332.21s yet.

Atleast for me while the 82s have the best minimum fps and highest fps when not much is going on they tend to chug badly in heavy action compared to any other driver I've tried.

332.21 now and the game is still as bad on every driver. Ive unparked cores, set render ahead to 2. Play bf4 its a mess. Play bf3, it runs flawlessly. Actually to quick for me now as im getting used to clunky bf4. I have to turn mouse sensitivity way down to 600 dpi on my g500 in bf3 as its running so well.

I found render ahead limited to 2 only helps with multi-GPU (reduces microstutter to almost but not quite imperceivable levels) - doesn't really change smoothness on single card but you lose about 5% performance over default (-1 IIRC).

Really not a fan of the programming on BF4 its the first time in a long time I've run into any real level of microstutter with SLI.

EDIT: Some of the stuttery performance seems to me to be due to certain parts of DX (something similiar to what happened with black ops 1) spending a lot of time waiting on file IO in one of the threads with black ops 1 it was due to poorly ported resource management from the consoles (swapping data in and out from storage to keep within console RAM limits) I wouldn't have thought that was happening with the PC version of BF4 though :|

Last edited:
Recently i was running sli on mild overclocks, (+80/+600) on 2gb wf 670's). Never had microstutter as i can remember it with 6800 gt in the early days of sli. Yes bf4 did stutter, but it was a game engine specific issue as bf3 was the same to start with, and tbh it's still not ideal. 670 sli blitzed through it on max settings at my res with ease. Only bought the 780 as i fancied a new toy to play with. Personally i think the games physics engine is a bit shoddy, the netcode has always been known as terrible in bf games, moreso in 3 and 4. Bfbc2 and moh 2010 were nigh on perfect. The former did take a few months though.

I'm on 332.21 at the mo, but i think the .93's are better. they 'feel smoother' to me.

Think tonight I'm going to reinstall the 331.93's and try them again.

After being on these 332.21's since launch, I have had no issues in games. They run very smooth and I have been running a few different games out of boredom. Good work nVidia.

Single Titan for reference.

Playing bf4 last night had a weird problem where clocks were stuck at about 540mhz, a server I was on was playing up so tried another and the same, restarted origin and same, rebooted PC an all was fine, using latest driver and never had this before.

I've had some weird issues with intermittent locking which would free up then lock again...but did a complete fresh install of the latest 332.21s seems to have sorted it. Also had a little jiggle though so think maybe that's a red herring.

Back
Top Bottom