• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha, I'm just messing with used cards mostly now. The current high end is so overpriced. I'm gonna hold out till Cyberpunk launches next year before going proper high end again. Even then if prices are still bonkers I'll pick up a used card. Trying hard not to support the huge leap in pricing for new GPU's.

Got some bargains though R9 Nano for £125 went to my kids PC. Using a 1660 Ti atm, it's actually pretty decent lil card. Who needs a £1200 RTX 2080 Ti ?!

'Cries a lil' xD
Haha :)

Yeah, I am not getting anything until next year also. Lots of games I want to play are coming out next year. Question for me is will I be playing them on PC or on PS5.

Soldato
OP
Haha :)

Yeah, I am not getting anything until next year also. Lots of games I want to play are coming out next year. Question for me is will I be playing them on PC or on PS5.

Playstation is ok, makes sense to have PC and Playstation for exclusives. Not great having a walled garden eco system though. Can get some good deals in the sales mind. PS5 games will be so pricey that factor in the extra cost and PC is far cheaper in the long run. As long as you're not buying RTX 2080 Ti's xD

Prefer PC openness. VR much better on PC too.

Also the EPIC store has been amazing, not spent any money yet they give me free games every week. Imagine Sony ever doing that !

Xbox game pass is pretty good for a rental service. On PC now too though so kind of makes Xbox redundant going forward.

Plus I love GOG the only place I like to spend my money these days. No DRM, actually feel like you own what you buy lol.

Plan on totally skipping next console gen. PC will far surpass consoles this time around imho.

Soldato
Here we go, with Nvidia magic, Pascal owners in their droves, now ditching their cards for the RTXs, INCOMING! :D
I know I am in a minority but when I heard about the new pixel scaling thingybobs I was super excited

But it is Turing only. I find it quite surprising that you need the monster compute of Turing to get 30 year old games looking not blurred!.
It's no use for me sadly.. not for another 6years anyway where I am at the point of having a Turing GPU that can be retired to the arcade machine.
Surely high end Pascal has the grunt to do it as well ? It's not like old emulated games or 2D games like FTL put any other strain on the gpu

Soldato
Here we go, with Nvidia magic, Pascal owners in their droves, now ditching their cards for the RTXs, INCOMING! :D
I know I am in a minority but when I heard about the new pixel scaling thingybobs I was super excited

But it is Turing only. I find it quite surprising that you need the monster compute of Turing to get 30 year old games looking not blurred!.
It's no use for me sadly.. not for another 6years anyway where I am at the point of having a Turing GPU that can be retired to the arcade machine.
Surely high end Pascal has the grunt to do it as well ? It's not like old emulated games or 2D games like FTL put any other strain on the gpu

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Playstation is ok, makes sense to have PC and Playstation for exclusives. Not great having a walled garden eco system though. Can get some good deals in the sales mind. PS5 games will be so pricey that factor in the extra cost and PC is far cheaper in the long run. As long as you're not buying RTX 2080 Ti's xD

Prefer PC openness. VR much better on PC too.

Also the EPIC store has been amazing, not spent any money yet they give me free games every week. Imagine Sony ever doing that !

Xbox game pass is pretty good for a rental service. On PC now too though so kind of makes Xbox redundant going forward.

Plus I love GOG the only place I like to spend my money these days. No DRM, actually feel like you own what you buy lol.

Plan on totally skipping next console gen. PC will far surpass consoles this time around imho.
Oh I agree with you. I prefer the PC. But I skipped both the PS3 and 4. Only borrowed them from a friend to play a couple exclusives like The Last of Us for example. But I am still only on my 1080p Plasma TV and this Black Friday I may pick up a LG C9 OLED which will have VRR and work nicely with a PS5.

Also I play less games these days and mainly play single player. Happy to play them on a PS5 and then 4-5 years later pick them up on a sale on the PC to add to my steam library when price for performance improves a lot on PC. I would get a 3080 Ti if they priced it at £600-700 like they did with the 1080 Ti. But Nvidia lost the plot. Actually people have as they are happy to pay that money for a non Ti and pay £1200 for the Ti. That is just ludicrous as around 2 years later that card is worth £700-800 less if you go to sell it.

Caporegime
GeForce v436.15 WHQL Released

Game Ready
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Control

Software Module Versions

• nView – 149.77
  • HD Audio Driver – 1.3.38.21
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.19.0218
  • GeForce Experience – 3.19.0.107
  • CUDA – 10.1
  • Standard NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.940.0
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.955.0
New Features and Other Changes

• Added driver support for Video Codec SDK 9.1
    • Added a new NVENCODE API to more detailed error reporting.
    • Added support for CUStream in NVENCODE API to facilitate parallel execution of pre-/post-processing of video on CUDA and encoder tasks.
    • Implemented bug-fixes and API enhancement to support H.264 MVC encoding.
      Please visit https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk for more information about the SDK.
  • Added driver support for Optical Flow SDK 1.1
    • Added new algorithms to improve the quality of flow vectors for “SLOW” preset, especially for flat regions.
    • Added a new API to retrieve the highest Optical Flow SDK version supported by
      the underlying driver.

Fixed Issues :

• [Forza Motorsport 7]: There is corruption on the tracks in the game. [2682129]
  • System crash occurs while installing the drivers on a system with GPUs from mixed architectures; for example, Fermi and Pascal. [2676468]
Open Issues :

• [Tom Clancy's The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode. [2587043/200406322]
  • [Overwatch]: The games crashes with "Your rendering device has been lost" error. [2482278]
  • [Firefox][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled, flickering occurs with YouTube full-screen video playback on FireFox when hovering over the timeline. [200544130]
    • To work around, either
      • Set the refresh rate to 60 or 120 Hz (or any refresh rate divisible by 60), or
      • If you want to play full-screen videos with Firefox on a G-SYNC monitor, create a profile and set it to VSync-On.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get random GPU usage dips to 0% on a 1080 Ti with 436.15WHQL which causes huge frame drops in Destiny 2, Went back to the previous 436.02 driver and back to normal.

Also the new "Low Latency" option tends to make performance worse in all scenarios with a 1080 Ti.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I dont think I have seen anybody aor that opinion before. Everything insane seen people say suggests they will be closer than ever.
Me iether. With the PS5 having an SSD and loading games super quick coupled together VRR and VRR capable OLED TV, I think graphics will look the same if not better for a few years. Only thing that maybe better on PC is ray tracing.

Soldato
Get random GPU usage dips to 0% on a 1080 Ti with 436.15WHQL which causes huge frame drops in Destiny 2, Went back to the previous 436.02 driver and back to normal.

Also the new "Low Latency" option tends to make performance worse in all scenarios with a 1080 Ti.

i don’t know whether it helps but i did a couple of hours in destiny 2 last night in my 1080ti without a problem.

Soldato
OP
I dont think I have seen anybody aor that opinion before. Everything insane seen people say suggests they will be closer than ever.

Even at launch PS5 and New Xbox won't match current high end PC's.

Finally getting an hybrid SSD is nice but PC has had SSD Tech for donkeys years.

In a few years the consoles will be so far behind. Much faster than previous gen.

I mean sure if you like plug and play console is great. But PC is just superior, open platform better control options. And now with things like Game Pass, consoles are obsolete (For me)

PlayStation exclusives are good but not enough to warrant buying a console and £59.99 games xD

Gonna totally skip the next gen. Pc master race ftw !! xD

q2.gif

Soldato

Finally getting an hybrid SSD is nice but PC has had SSD Tech for donkeys years.

In a few years the consoles will be so far behind. Much faster than previous gen.

I mean sure if you like plug and play console is great. But PC is just superior, open platform better control options. And now with things like Game Pass, consoles are obsolete (For me)

PlayStation exclusives are good but not enough to warrant buying a console and £59.99 games xD

Gonna totally skip the next gen. Pc master race ftw !! xD

q2.gif

Pah...no ultrawide monitor in that GIF?

Wot a PC peasant! :p

Soldato

They won't be priced like a high-end PC either.

In reality the gap between PC and console performance and visuals gets narrower with every generation, and it's only towards the end of each console generation that the age of the hardware and constraints in the original designs really start to show.

Associate
Even if the ps5 is 800 quid that's better than building the type of pc you are talking about. Every console ever released has been not nearly as capable as a pc is you look at specs. Even current common pc components normally out match consoles on release. But the console still plays fairly.well even 4 years into its life. I bet assassins creed played better on the consoles than it did on a pc that was even double the price of it.

And buying a gpu at 800 quid a peice wont last. The following generation it will be 900 quid.

V F

V F

Soldato
Even if the ps5 is 800 quid that's better than building the type of pc you are talking about. Every console ever released has been not nearly as capable as a pc is you look at specs. Even current common pc components normally out match consoles on release. But the console still plays fairly.well even 4 years into its life. I bet assassins creed played better on the consoles than it did on a pc that was even double the price of it.

And buying a gpu at 800 quid a peice wont last. The following generation it will be 900 quid.

Funny how I mainly play on console now versus PC even though I don't have FPS problems.

Soldato
In reality the gap between PC and console performance and visuals gets narrower with every generation
That isn't true at all though. You literally only have to step back one generation to the Xbox 360 to find a console that wiped the floor with high end PCs at the time of its launch. It had a superior GPU to anything available for PCs at the time, plus a triple-core, six-thread CPU running at 3.2GHz at a time when the best you could do in a PC was a dual-core Athlon 64 X2. Of course, that generation ended up going on so long that the Xbox 360 and PS3 were massively behind PCs by the time they were put out to pasture, but at least they can say that they were once competitive. The Xbox One and PS4 weren't even close at launch, unless you're failing to take into account the 20-30fps vs 60fps+ gap.

Back
Top Bottom