• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
OP
They won't be priced like a high-end PC either.

In reality the gap between PC and console performance and visuals gets narrower with every generation, and it's only towards the end of each console generation that the age of the hardware and constraints in the original designs really start to show.

The Gap is huge, PS4 Protato and Xbone X (I have both btw) are seriously gimped by low end CPU. If you look at games it's not just frame rate that suffers on consoles. Shadows, details, textures are much lower and upscaled to 4K so they can use the keyword '4K' graphics and people that are none the wiser lap it up. Thinking they have parity with PC.

I mean I jumped in with both last gen consoles and wish I saved the money for PC.

Am def skipping the next gen of consoles as PC will be ahead even at launch with the gap widening even further as time passes.

For those happy with consoles it's great. This is just my opinion, Each to their own and all that. My money will spent on GOG (No drm ftw) and not on £499 console and £59.99 games. Would rather spend £499 on a next gen GPU when I can just drop that into my PC I already have anyway if you get what I mean.

That isn't true at all though. You literally only have to step back one generation to the Xbox 360 to find a console that wiped the floor with high end PCs at the time of its launch. It had a superior GPU to anything available for PCs at the time, plus a triple-core, six-thread CPU running at 3.2GHz at a time when the best you could do in a PC was a dual-core Athlon 64 X2. Of course, that generation ended up going on so long that the Xbox 360 and PS3 were massively behind PCs by the time they were put out to pasture, but at least they can say that they were once competitive. The Xbox One and PS4 weren't even close at launch, unless you're failing to take into account the 20-30fps vs 60fps+ gap.

Well said, this guy gets it ^^

In the past console at launch would be ahead of PC. PS4 and Xbone bucked this trend and were weak at launch. The mid cycle upgrades basically added at 4K upscaler and use same weak CPU.

The next gen consoles look even weaker in comparison to already existing PC architecture. Doesn't bode well for the next few years.

With consoles basically becoming a PC with an mid end APU, but forcing the buyer into a walled garden pay system, and having to pay to play online..

Why not just buy an actual PC with DGPU and save a ton on the games, and do way more with a PC. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Gap is huge, PS4 Protato and Xbone X (I have both btw) are seriously gimped by low end CPU. If you look at games it's not just frame rate that suffers on consoles. Shadows, details, textures are much lower and upscaled to 4K so they can use the keyword '4K' graphics and people that are none the wiser lap it up. Thinking they have parity with PC.

I mean I jumped in with both last gen consoles and wish I saved the money for PC.

Am def skipping the next gen of consoles as PC will be ahead even at launch with the gap widening even further as time passes.

For those happy with consoles it's great. This is just my opinion, Each to their own and all that. My money will spent on GOG (No drm ftw) and not on £499 console and £59.99 games. Would rather spend £499 on a next gen GPU when I can just drop that into my PC I already have anyway if you get what I mean.

Well said, this guy gets it ^^

In the past console at launch would be ahead of PC. PS4 and Xbone bucked this trend and were weak at launch. The mid cycle upgrades basically added at 4K upscaler and use same weak CPU.

The next gen consoles look even weaker in comparison to already existing PC architecture. Doesn't bode well for the next few years.

With consoles basically becoming a PC with an mid end APU, but forcing the buyer into a walled garden pay system, and having to pay to play online..

Why not just buy an actual PC with DGPU and save a ton on the games, and do way more with a PC. Just a thought.

I think it's because some people can afford to pay £400 + for a console but cant afford to shell out in one go £1500 on a PC. So to their pocket in the short term it looks more economical.

I have a mate that built a Phenom 2 PC with a GTX 460 which at the time was an all right PC, but kept it until about a year ago when he jumped to a PS4 as he couldn't afford to upgrade the PC.

Soldato

In the past the consoles didn't even get a lot of games on PC because of the hardware constraints, and there were plenty of console versions of multiplatform titles that ended up being developed by different studios using different, console-specific engines because the PC versions simply had no chance of running on the hardware. I still buy and play PC games but I feel far less compelled to do so for performance and visual benefits than I ever used to when the differences were massive.

These days the games are fundamentally identical and for the "average" PC gamer as opposed to those spending £500 on a GPU alone, the visual quality isn't a dealbreaker like it used to be.

Soldato
OP
I think it's because some people can afford to pay £400 + for a console but cant afford to shell out in one go £1500 on a PC. So to their pocket in the short term it looks more economical.

I have a mate that built a Phenom 2 PC with a GTX 460 which at the time was an all right PC, but kept it until about a year ago when he jumped to a PS4 as he couldn't afford to upgrade the PC.

Yeah the initial outlay seems less, but when you factor in cost of games and paying just to pay online. It is far more.

Console cost for me and kids has cost me many times more than I have spent of PC, even with buying high end cards. Plus factor in the PC can do far more than any console.

The way it is now with consoles basically being mid end APU PC's that you have to play to get online I can't fathom why not just buy a PC?

Most people have a PC already just throw in a mid end GPU and voila xD

The reason Sony are so scared of cross play is people may realize they can play online for free with PC, with way more options on how they play. Multiple screens, ultrawide. type of hardware etc.

Sony want a walled garden and locked in eco system. Each to their own, I just don't want to support the next gen of consoles. Only my opinion.

PC ftw xD

I really do hope that a lot of people jump on the consoles next gen as we need something to drive down the cost of GPU's.

That is strange logic when a mid range DGPU far outperforms the console APU's.

True the high end GPU's are overpriced, but you only need a mid range DGPU to have way better performance than any current console.

Just don't buy a RTX 2080 Ti for example..

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
That isn't true at all though. You literally only have to step back one generation to the Xbox 360 to find a console that wiped the floor with high end PCs at the time of its launch. It had a superior GPU to anything available for PCs at the time, plus a triple-core, six-thread CPU running at 3.2GHz at a time when the best you could do in a PC was a dual-core Athlon 64 X2. Of course, that generation ended up going on so long that the Xbox 360 and PS3 were massively behind PCs by the time they were put out to pasture, but at least they can say that they were once competitive. The Xbox One and PS4 weren't even close at launch, unless you're failing to take into account the 20-30fps vs 60fps+ gap.

Even God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man and Uncharted 4/The Lost Legacy still gives most PC games a run for their money to this day.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I really do hope that a lot of people jump on the consoles next gen as we need something to drive down the cost of GPU's.
I am getting a PS5 to go with my Nintendo Switch. As mentioned above, games like God of War look very good already on a PS4, so with PS5's specs which are much better coupled with a nice VRR OLED TV, I think it will make for some very good gaming.

Soldato
Well, my sojourn with GFE is over.

I hadn't run Dying Light for a while and when I ran it yesterday I was getting awful stuttering when it was loading new NPC's.

Decided to do a DDU and a fresh "clean" driver install and the game is back to running great.

Can't say definitely whether DDU cured the problem or GFE was causing it, either way, even though I liked the Sharpen filter, GFE ain't going back on my system for the foreseeable.

Didn't seem worth the hassle for the one filter I would use.

Soldato
Well found out it wasn't the new driver causing massive lag and intermittent frame drops, It was iCUE, The latest version is terrible, Pings 1 core constantly at 100% doing nothing and causes huge GPU usage drops, Went back 1 version and all issues are gone.

Soldato
Well found out it wasn't the new driver causing massive lag and intermittent frame drops, It was iCUE, The latest version is terrible, Pings 1 core constantly at 100% doing nothing and causes huge GPU usage drops, Went back 1 version and all issues are gone.

Hi i read this yesterday and so ive been checking mine, im on latest icue version and its not doing that. My core use is 0.2%

Soldato
OP
Game Ready
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC Open Beta, Gears 5, and Borderlands 3

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Version 436.30 - WHQL
Release Date Tue Sep 10, 2019
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
Language English (UK)
File Size 568.42 MB

Soldato
Game Ready
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC Open Beta, Gears 5, and Borderlands 3

Version 436.30 - WHQL
Language English (UK)
File Size 568.42 MB

Hopefully this improves borderlands 3 performance. That looked low numbers in the reviews.

Is there any estimates of the improvements?

Soldato
Game Ready

Version 436.30 - WHQL
Language English (UK)
File Size 568.42 MB

Thanks Boomstick777. Just tested it on Fortnite, and both ON and ULTRA low latency mode work fine in Fortnite, whereas as mentioned some posts ago, the previous driver made it very stuttery.

Back
Top Bottom