• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I've not played much yet but my initial observation seems to be with low latency mode off I get around 5% performance boost over older drivers, with it on I'm getting around 3% lower average performance compared to older drivers but the games I've tried so far like The Division feel noticeably smoother and more precise to play.

Low latency mode tries to get the GPU processing the latest data as fast as possible basically but sometimes comes at a slight cost to performance or smoothness but acan be beneficial for input latency.

What about the new image sharpening thank you for the info can’t wait to try these .

Permabanned
Has anyone given consideration to prerendered frames 0? It used to be an option until Nvidia said it was impossible not to have 1 buffer frame. Well i suspect this might be related or even 0 mode. People would claim 0 was slightly smoother and i agree you could set it to app controlled and in BF3 choose max prerendered 0 and i felt a very very change in the game. But if this unsmooths frametimes with no buffers then they might of had reason to hide the feature.

Until AMD and others said hey 1 can be bettered and i think now it is back but i also think it would be worse than 1 for smoothness but not by much. Certainly at high framerates 144hz you want 0 buffers.

Soldato
previous drivers would set PUBG to max pre rendered frames to 1.

is on the same as setting the above to 1?

only asking as my mouse felt a bit off tonight playing PUBG

Permabanned
previous drivers would set PUBG to max pre rendered frames to 1.

is on the same as setting the above to 1?

only asking as my mouse felt a bit off tonight playing PUBG

With the default settings of “Off,” the game’s engine will queue one to three frames at a time. The “On” setting will force the game to only queue a single frame, which is the same as setting Max_Prerendered_Frames to 1 in older NVIDIA drivers. The Ultra setting submits the frame “just in time” for the GPU to pick it up—there will be no frame sitting in the queue and waiting.

Soldato
OP
You get the latency option, but you need GFE for the filters.

I've succumbed and installed it, though I've used the tweak to bypass the registration malarkey.

Not sure to be honest, I was hoping you would try :D

xD

Guess I'm living without them features and going the usual NVSLIMMER install route. Will not give in to bloatware and spyware thank you very much Nvidia xD.

Soldato
They have reported performance improvements for the Super series. Is there any improvement on the non-Super versions?

Probably a smidgen. I only played AC Odyssey yyesterday and it might of just been placebo but it seemed better. Try BFV as a test as that's one of the games they actually mentioned they have improved performance in.

Soldato
OP
On the latest driver now, used Nvslimmer and removed all the bloat. Installs fine. Have to live without the new features mind. Not sure they would even work on a GTX 1650 or GTX 1660 Ti anyway xD

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
On the latest driver now, used Nvslimmer and removed all the bloat. Installs fine. Have to live without the new features mind. Not sure they would even work on a GTX 1650 or GTX 1660 Ti anyway xD
Just buy a Titan RTX mate, does not suit your sig seeing these cheapo GTX cards. You used to always have the best :p

Soldato
OP
Just buy a Titan RTX mate, does not suit your sig seeing these cheapo GTX cards. You used to always have the best :p

Haha, I'm just messing with used cards mostly now. The current high end is so overpriced. I'm gonna hold out till Cyberpunk launches next year before going proper high end again. Even then if prices are still bonkers I'll pick up a used card. Trying hard not to support the huge leap in pricing for new GPU's.

Got some bargains though R9 Nano for £125 went to my kids PC. Using a 1660 Ti atm, it's actually pretty decent lil card. Who needs a £1200 RTX 2080 Ti ?!

'Cries a lil' xD

Back
Top Bottom