• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Ok but how many times would it try to phone home if it was successful first time?

The actual behaviour of it is pretty unreasonable and un-needed to be fair - if it fails it shouldn't be re-trying 1000s of times it isn't like something critical. I'm also a bit concerned about the network services with stuff presenting a potential attack vector needlessly if you aren't using the features and don't take external steps to close down.

Long since time nVidia overhauled GeForce experience and the backend services to be more reasonable and respectful of their end users.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The actual behaviour of it is pretty unreasonable and un-needed to be fair - if it fails it shouldn't be re-trying 1000s of times it isn't like something critical. I'm also a bit concerned about the network services with stuff presenting a potential attack vector needlessly if you aren't using the features and don't take external steps to close down.

Long since time nVidia overhauled GeForce experience and the backend services to be more reasonable and respectful of their end users.
Here here.

Man of Honour
Or just don't install the bloat in the first place :p

That is fine if you don't want any of the additional features - but even if you just want 1-2 of them you get clobbered with the works :( (sure there are some things you can pare out with various methods of cleaning the drivers).

Caporegime
GeForce 436.48 WHQL Drivers Released

Highlights

Game Ready
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Asgard’s Wrath

Gaming Technology
Adds support for the HTC VIVE Cosmos VR HMD

Fixed Issues

• [UBOAT]: The game crashes due to memory allocation issues when launching Sandbox mode from the main menu. [2694301]
    • [Tom Clancyʹs The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode. [200406322]
    • [Vulkan-based games]: Error message appears in the game when invoking GeForce Experience Freestyle or Ansel using the hot keys. [200549987]
    • [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Some objects are missing in the game. [2691363]
    • [Cinema4D]: Brushes produce a ghosting effect. [2633267]
Known Issues

• [PowerDVD]: Blu-ray disks might not play using PowerDVD. [200555216]
    • [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop. [2690624/2713659]
    • [Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Random crashes to the desktop occur when the game is played in DirectX 12 mode. [200549489]
    • [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur. [200550245 ]
    • [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occur on the screen. [2709770]

Permabanned
I see the same conversation pops up again about people getting the "clean" version of the drivers again but can someone put into simple terms for me why just downloading the normal version is so bad please? Asking as I just use GFE to grab mine and want to know why its considered harmful?

Man of Honour
It's not harmful at all. It's just the extra telemetry that is installed which will send details about your rig to Nvidia, such as the games you play, the settings and the performance etc to make GFE better at automatically setting games up.

Back
Top Bottom