• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
v440.97 WHQL Released

Highlights
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds.

Gaming Technology
Adds support for windowed G-SYNC for OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

• Darwin Project
  • The Outer Worlds (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
New Features and Other Changes

• G-SYNC is now supported on windowed OpenGL and Vulkan applications.
  • Fixed flashes or frame drops in several Notebook models when running G-SYNC in the lower of the two system refresh rates.

Fixed Issues
  • [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop. [2690624/2713659/200559659]
  • [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occurs on the screen. [2709770]
  • [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur. [200550245 ]
  • [Growtopia][GeForce RTX]: The game crashes when launched. [2709649]
  • [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Objects are missing in the game. [2691363]
  • [World of Warcraft]: Flickering occurs on the character select screen. [2684628]
  • [Cinema 4D]: Trailing ghosting effect appears when moving the brush tool. [2633267]
  • [Shadow Of The Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game crashes after hitting a TDR error. [200549489]
  • [Forza Horizon 4]: Colored corruption appears in the game during gameplay. [200544234]
  • [Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M]: GPU clock cannot be boosted beyond base clock speed. [2683147]
Known Issues
  • [Battlefield V][G-SYNC][HDR]: When G-SYNC and HDR are enabled, the game cannot be maximized to full-screen after being minimized to the taskbar. [200558314]
  • [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes. NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.

Permabanned
I went full rtard mode :D

Win10 latest Oct 19, New Nvidia drivers and decided to say yes to GFE for sharpening. Now i do think things are a bit bloated more, 7us idle DPC to 27-35us now but what gets to me is the way GFE runs.

Basically i open GFE before a game right for filters? So what then there is no way to minimalize to system tray, Hitting X closes the app? So basically to get the filter it has to run alongside the game exe lol really?

I thought once setup and overlay on it would close and minimize to tray and be quiet like Steam, Or best it would just go away and when i hit alt f3 it would appear. But not so it just has to sit in the taskbar open and then i have to run the game. AMD sharpening is basically built into the driver. Literally 1/10 for effort...

Soldato
Can confirm, If you use G-Sync Windowed, The latest driver breaks it completely, Go back to the previous 436.48.

I went full rtard mode :D

Win10 latest Oct 19, New Nvidia drivers and decided to say yes to GFE for sharpening. Now i do think things are a bit bloated more, 7us idle DPC to 27-35us now but what gets to me is the way GFE runs.

Basically i open GFE before a game right for filters? So what then there is no way to minimalize to system tray, Hitting X closes the app? So basically to get the filter it has to run alongside the game exe lol really?

I thought once setup and overlay on it would close and minimize to tray and be quiet like Steam, Or best it would just go away and when i hit alt f3 it would appear. But not so it just has to sit in the taskbar open and then i have to run the game. AMD sharpening is basically built into the driver. Literally 1/10 for effort...

For the filters you open GFE ingame, Setup what you want and then close it, You also don't need to have GFE open in the background either.

Back
Top Bottom