• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Whats VRSS?

Nothing exciting. From what I just read it's for VR.

VRSS = Variable rate super sampling. So getting localized supersampling. My thinking was it's for non-VR but I see I made a wrong assumption. That's why I said 2 games. I thought this was going to just be another option for the already existing VRS implementation.

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/variablerateshading
https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-variable-rate-shading-demonstrated-in-autodesk-vred/
vrs_grids_car.jpg

Slide11.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well its still not out yet, just checked.

EDIT: Its out now, 441.87 WHQL

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Wolfenstein: Youngblood with Ray Tracing
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Wolfenstein: Youngblood including the introduction of ray tracing. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Bright Memory: Infinite, and the latest version of Quake II RTX.

Maximum Framerate
In response to overwhelming demand from the community, we have introduced a new Maximum Framerate Setting into the NVIDIA Control Panel. Use the maximum frame rate setting to set the max framerate a 3D application or game can render. This feature is particularly helpful when trying to save power, reduce system latency or paired with your NVIDIA G-SYNC display to stay within variable refresh rate range.

Image Sharpening Improvements
Leveraging gamer feedback over the last few months, we have been continually improving the new image sharpening feature. With this latest version, you have the ability to toggle GPU scaling independent of whether image sharpening is enabled or disabled.

Variable Rate Super Sampling
We introduced a new VRSS feature…
Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games which uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS) to dynamically apply up to 8x super sampling to the center of the VR display when GPU headroom is available. In doing so, VRSS can improve image quality at the focal point of the eye while always maintaining the 90 FPS needed to deliver a smooth VR experience.

Share Freestyle Filters
Gamers can now import and export Freestyle/Ansel filters and take advantage of a new split screen filter to help showcase their improvements!

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone who has downloaded the driver check and see if there is a 'Virtual Reality- Variable Rate Super Sampling' option in the Nvidia Control Panel. It should be in the 'Manage 3D settings' section.

I don't have the option and I have reinstalled the Drivers and used DDU.

Associate
Can anyone who has downloaded the driver check and see if there is a 'Virtual Reality- Variable Rate Super Sampling' option in the Nvidia Control Panel. It should be in the 'Manage 3D settings' section.

I don't have the option and I have reinstalled the Drivers and used DDU.

Me neither, thought I was being dense.

Edit got it. You go into the program specific 3d settings rather then the global and if the game is VR then it shows up as an option at the bottom of the options

edit 2: plus its got to support it!

Soldato
Me neither, thought I was being dense.

Edit got it. You go into the program specific 3d settings rather then the global and if the game is VR then it shows up as an option at the bottom of the options

edit 2: plus its got to support it!

Ah, cheers, thanks for that. Will give Boneworks a try :)

Permabanned
Fair enough

Certain games have no ability to cap fps to 237 at 240hz it is one less process and one less bit of software which is fantastic! And you can feel the difference as well.

Anyone know what the GPU scaling is in the sharpening though? I use DSR which scales anyways, I guess i should sharpen and disable GPU scaling in the sharpening to avoid double scaling?

Soldato
Certain games have no ability to cap fps to 237 at 240hz it is one less process and one less bit of software which is fantastic! And you can feel the difference as well.

Anyone know what the GPU scaling is in the sharpening though? I use DSR which scales anyways, I guess i should sharpen and disable GPU scaling in the sharpening to avoid double scaling?

Maybe it's like this?
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/f1_2019_-_nvidia_dlss_vs_amd_fidelityfx/3

Man of Honour
Anyone know what the GPU scaling is in the sharpening though?

It does the opposite of DSR - adds some new scaling resolutions lower than the native resolution, without having to worry about display compatibility etc. that work optimally with image sharpening. (Similar to DLSS the application/game will be rendered internally at a lower resolution, processed/sharpened and then output at native resolution to the monitor).

Permabanned
It does the opposite of DSR - adds some new scaling resolutions lower than the native resolution, without having to worry about display compatibility etc. that work optimally with image sharpening.

Thanks i must double check it, Hopefully the DPC latency is lower in this version too i think the only things left i need now is a new low lag control panel.

We managed to within about 90days get rid of GFE for sharpening and now its byebye to Rivatuner for FPS caps. Two less process i guess maybe now Nvidia want to get rid of Afterburner also and let us overclock via the Control panel too? :)

Back
Top Bottom