• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I has a bsod on 2004 win 10 update yesterday on my server build (in mancave and acts as a 2nd gaming pc). Other machines haven'tppicked up the update yet and ill hold off for now on those.

Ree

Ree

Associate
says am not ready either no rush anyway seeing some of the probs with it think i'll delay for a while till things smooth out.

Caporegime
If you have...

The Latest Windows 2004 release
If you have a 10Xx or higher GPU

Then go for the 450.99 and enable Hardware Scheduling for ultimate DX 12 fun :p

(Also enable Low Latency Mode - ULTRA in Nvidia Control Panel )

Soldato
Been on the insider 2004 for donkeys and the beta drivers listed on here without issue. Those with bsods have you parsed the dump files to see what is causing the issue?

Soldato
Been on the insider 2004 for donkeys and the beta drivers listed on here without issue. Those with bsods have you parsed the dump files to see what is causing the issue?

Didn't do any dump inspections. After three BSOD's I couldn't reverse the update quick enough.

However, the last BSOD error message was Watchdog Timeout which Google told me is something to do with the CPU getting confused.

Have not had that error before and I've been running this build for a few years now.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
All the problems I've heard about the new Win 10 2004 update are due to not having the latest Nvidia or AMD GPU drivers.

I'm running the latest Win 10 update that I manually installed, then installed 450.99 as that's the latest GFE driver, or least it will be in a week or two. Not had a single problem so far.

Soldato
If you have...

The Latest Windows 2004 release
If you have a 10Xx or higher GPU

Then go for the 450.99 and enable Hardware Scheduling for ultimate DX 12 fun :p

(Also enable Low Latency Mode - ULTRA in Nvidia Control Panel )

What does Low Latency Mode add something extra with Hardware Scheduling? FWIW i have found 450.99 more stable than the 445.XXs - i was getting all sorts of crashes with them.

1 thing. i did do a run on timespy - and smashed/a bit better my previous score with lower clocks - but it did say the score was invalid as the driver had changed the LOD...make of that what you will...

Back
Top Bottom