• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
@varkanoid thanks.

I have only recently (ish) got my first GSync monitor and so I never bothered about changing my Vsync setting s from adaptive until I noted someone else mentioning over in the Dell 165mhz monitor thread about turning it off within the Nvidia Control Panel. Now I see a need to keep it turned on that is fine. Also I use Riva Tuner to cap the max FPS but as I haven't been able to get a new GPU to replace my 1080Ti then I'm more looking at the lower refresh range at 1440p than bothered about the upper end.
That video I linked also notes about capping the frame rate below that of the monitor, perhaps one day I'll be able to buy a new GPU and have that concern....!

Soldato
then I'm more looking at the lower refresh range at 1440p than bothered about the upper end.

careful not to get refresh range mixed up with FPS. Refresh on the monitor is fixed, FPS provided by the GPU changes. Refresh rate is not the same as Frames Per Second although they are bed fellows.

you probably meant

then I'm more looking at the lower FPS at 1440p than bothered about the upper end.

:)

Soldato
Take your point. As you figured I am associating them, due to their relationship. I am, with my 1080Ti, being more concerned with the 48 to 100 Hz refresh (inc FPS) than anything close to 165Hz and the need to think about capping the FPS to around 160 or so.
Perhaps if the 3080 GPU ever became a buyable card at close to RRP, not counting stock which lasts for seconds, then I might need to consider the top end of FPS.

Soldato
I wish they'd hurry up and fix the flickering in World of Warcraft. It's been over two months now since 460.79 introduced the problem on December 9th. Five driver releases since then and it's still an outstanding issue.

Soldato
I wish they'd hurry up and fix the flickering in World of Warcraft. It's been over two months now since 460.79 introduced the problem on December 9th. Five driver releases since then and it's still an outstanding issue.

Focus seems to be on latest AAA titles :(, I get big issues in FF7. (not the remake the old game).

Man of Honour
Hi there - noob question!

I have an Nvidea 30 series and my Nvidea Control panel shows it's version 456.71.

The version availible on Gigabytes website for my GPU is 4‎56.55.... an older version than the one already installed?

Do I leave it as is or opt to install the older driver? Not sure what to do. Many thanks!

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom