• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Suspended
I always update the bios by downloading it from ASUS website then updating it from the bios. Armoury Crate never finds new BIOS.
Updated to newer bios from Asus when I installed the build and it failed and bricked the board, the flashback facility eventually worked but it took a fair few wasted hours trawling their forum to find out that you had to rename the supplied bios for it to flashback(noticed they now provide a rename tool with the bios file), so I've not been that keen to update it myself, but it's done now.

Caporegime
GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.81

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

[Fortnite] Shader cache optimizations to reduce intermittent stutter on some PC configurations [3244272]
[GeForce GTX 1660 Super]: Random flickering may appear across the top of the monitor on some PC configurations. [3184254]
[Vulkan] Red Dead Redemption 2 may display pixelated black dots [3266614]
Some desktop applications may stutter when moving around the window on some PC configurations [3252200]
Enabling NVIDIA Surround with 4K HDMI 2.1 TVs may fail [3184849]
[Rocket League] Matches may take longer to load [3244324]
[Detroit: Become Human] Game may crash when launched with Image Sharpening enabled [200667092]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5168?linkId=100000034928969

Soldato
dumb question folks - if swapping one card for another (GTX460 for 3070) the drivers will need swapping. Do I just swap the card then worry about it, or do I need to do anything while I still have the old gpu in place? The age is so far apart that one driver won't cover both cards SFAIK

Gee

Gee

Soldato
dumb question folks - if swapping one card for another (GTX460 for 3070) the drivers will need swapping. Do I just swap the card then worry about it, or do I need to do anything while I still have the old gpu in place? The age is so far apart that one driver won't cover both cards SFAIK

Uninstall current drivers. PC off and take out GPU. Install new GPU and when in Windows, install the new drivers.

If you encounter issues after that, then use DDU.

Soldato
These 461.x drivers are just lasting too long roll on the next iteration hope they are much better. I tried the 461.81's last night and the sound popping came back. Went back to 460.89 and sound was fine. I use a headset too I rarely use the HDMI audio.

Caporegime
These 461.x drivers are just lasting too long roll on the next iteration hope they are much better. I tried the 461.81's last night and the sound popping came back. Went back to 460.89 and sound was fine. I use a headset too I rarely use the HDMI audio.

Yep same here, back to the 457's I go lol

Permabanned
Check your mobo manufacturer page, i checked last week and the bios update was there with a note for ReBar update. Took about 30 seconds to update the bios on my gigabyte board and the toggle is there when you enable 4G decoding.

I have a z490 and a 3090 that already has the VBIOS I need so its just the board that needs doing. Just curious how you flashed your gigabyte board? Ive seen you can pop the mem stick in the back and press the qflash button or even do it through Windows but Im super cautious flashing mobo bios as knowing my luck it will go wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a z490 and a 3090 that already has the VBIOS I need so its just the board that needs doing. Just curious how you flashed your gigabyte board? Ive seen you can pop the mem stick in the back and press the qflash button or even do it through Windows but Im super cautious flashing mobo bios as knowing my luck it will go wrong.
Popped the bios onto a usb stick, plugged it in and restarted computer. Go into bios and into Qflash, it'll give you a few options, just click update bios and follow on screen instructions. Took about 30 seconds to update, computer turns off momentarily and then switches itself back on. Go back into bios and double check the bios has been updated, reapply settings if you've changed anything and job done.

Which 3090 have you got? I'm still waiting on Palit to release one for my 3090.

Permabanned
Popped the bios onto a usb stick, plugged it in and restarted computer. Go into bios and into Qflash, it'll give you a few options, just click update bios and follow on screen instructions. Took about 30 seconds to update, computer turns off momentarily and then switches itself back on. Go back into bios and double check the bios has been updated, reapply settings if you've changed anything and job done.

Which 3090 have you got? I'm still waiting on Palit to release one for my 3090.

Cheers dude. Did you have to rename any of the files downloaded onto the stick?

I've got the Asus TUF 3090 BTW. I had an Aorus 3080 but I swapped it plus cash for the 3090. Got it for RRP though

Soldato
Cheers dude. Did you have to rename any of the files downloaded onto the stick?

I've got the Asus TUF 3090 BTW. I had an Aorus 3080 but I swapped it plus cash for the 3090. Got it for RRP though
No renaming necessary, the Qflash picks it up and does a check on it. Once its confirmed it will do the rest. Easier than doing a gpu vbios update lol.

Soldato
Should be live for the 3060 with today's drivers

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/

Says late March for existing GPUs that need VBIOS update :/

Well I am waiting and hoping z370 gets the feature, if it does its very likely it will be after end of march, so this delay doesnt mean anything to me.

The hold up for resize bar seems to be from board vendors rather than nvidia, still no sign of it for my asrock z370 board.

Last edited:
Soldato
I about 6 weeks ago bought a 3070 and ever since every now and again, like once every other day (not while gaming and didn't do it with the AMD card) only while browsing with YouTube open the display freezes for 30 seconds and then resumes. No black screen. Do any of you guys get this problem??

Ive tried the latest driver and still get the problem.

:(

I did swap from an AMD card. I didn't DDU or reinstall windows.​

Last edited:
Associate
I about 6 weeks ago bought a 3070 and ever since every now and again, like once every other day (not while gaming and didn't do it with the AMD card) only while browsing with YouTube open the display freezes for 30 seconds and then resumes. No black screen. Do any of you guys get this problem??

Ive tried the latest driver and still get the problem.

:(

I did swap from an AMD card. I didn't DDU or reinstall windows.​
Try DDU, I don't use it every time I update drivers but when I get issues I use it just to see if there's a driver conflict.
That's a strange one but may be driver related.

Back
Top Bottom