• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I don't recall having this issue when using my last card (980Ti) but since switching to a 3070 FE,
once or twice a day I will experience what I can only describe as an audio 'crunch' or stuttery glitch when gaming or viewing content e.g. YouTube.

I've reinstalled the drivers three times with the last attempt being a clean installation.
Has anyone else had something similar occur?

Perhaps it be conflicting with the motherboard audio (Realtek vs Nvidia HD Audio Driver)?

Running the latest drivers.
My 3070 is fine but as I do not need to use the Nvidia sound aspect of the GPU I do not install those drivers, and I disable it within Device Manager. I only use the Realtek audio device from the motherboard.

Caporegime
My 3070 is fine but as I do not need to use the Nvidia sound aspect of the GPU I do not install those drivers, and I disable it within Device Manager. I only use the Realtek audio device from the motherboard.

That's what I did last night - fingers crossed it doesn't happen. I suppose it could be a whole host of other possibilities so time will tell.

Edit: it's still doing it, I'll try lowering the core by ~10Mhz.

Additionally, when performing a clean installation, although I didn't choose to install the Nvidia audio drivers they still appeared in the device manager.

So as mentioned in the quote above, I've now disabled it in the device manager as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what I did last night - fingers crossed it doesn't happen. I suppose it could be a whole host of other possibilities so time will tell.

Edit: it's still doing it, I'll try lowering the core by ~10Mhz.

Additionally, when performing a clean installation, although I didn't choose to install the Nvidia audio drivers they still appeared in the device manager.

So as mentioned in the quote above, I've now disabled it in the device manager as well.

It is going back quite a while since I started to disable the Nvidia sound "thing" from within device manager. IIRC it was an attempt to resolve some seemingly random audio glitch. I had read that preventing the drivers to install, and then disabling the sound device, might resolve that. I can't remember experiencing such issues since. It did seem pointless having it enabled with drivers, as I used the motherboard one.

hopefully now that you have disabled yours it might help you, best of luck.

Caporegime
Unfortunately, it's still having these frame/audio stutters - which I assume could well be to do with the Ampere power spikes documented of late?
Thankfully, it only seems to occur about a couple of times daily.

I was going to try using DDU though instead, I checked to see if there were any BIOS or chipset updates for my board. I've now updated to a more recent BIOS
and installed a more recent Realtek audio driver. Additionally, I thought I might as well update the AMD chipset drivers, too. Fingers crossed.

Edit: So far, so good. If anyone else is experiencing the same sort of problem then I recommend checking your motherboard's vendor for updates.

Edit 2: I thought I had managed to remove the problem entirely, but after a couple of trouble-free days it's done it again. Could my CPU be holding the 3070 back?

Last edited:
Caporegime
NVIDIA Driver 516.93 WHQL

Highlights
The July NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications including Chaos V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max, more details at https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/07/26/in-the-nvidia-studio-july-26/

Fixed Issues in Version 516.93 WHQL
[Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers. [3700239]
[Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match [3696921]
[Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup [3691274]
[Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. [3685638]
[Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability. [3661210]
[Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay. [3603261]

Open Issues in Version 516.93 WHQL
[RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off. [3645633]
Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. [3624218]
[DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
[Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes. [3684206]
[MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode. [3693207] [3693211]

Release Notes

Download

Caporegime
I wouldn't have thought so, especially as you mention just viewing content which shouldn't be taxing at all. Any other info you can provide?

Yeah, it sounds unlikely to me as well, I just wondered. I've even seen online suggestions that a higher-end GPU would ideally be required, like a 3080 and above.

As for the issue, it's definitely happening a lot less since I last reported it.

Edit: lol - Just running some footage through the editor and it happened. Well, at least it's less frequent than it was when I first posted. *Shrugs*

In fact, looking back at the footage, the micro-stutters or whatever it is, have occurred several times so I'll try tweaking in the NCP.
Maybe even downclocking it fractionally will help.

Last edited:
Associate
Unfortunately, it's still having these frame/audio stutters - which I assume could well be to do with the Ampere power spikes documented of late?
Thankfully, it only seems to occur about a couple of times daily.

I was going to try using DDU though instead, I checked to see if there were any BIOS or chipset updates for my board. I've now updated to a more recent BIOS
and installed a more recent Realtek audio driver. Additionally, I thought I might as well update the AMD chipset drivers, too. Fingers crossed.

Edit: So far, so good. If anyone else is experiencing the same sort of problem then I recommend checking your motherboard's vendor for updates.

Edit 2: I thought I had managed to remove the problem entirely, but after a couple of trouble-free days it's done it again. Could my CPU be holding the 3070 back?
Sounds like a classic DPC latency issue. You can try various latency monitor softwares to identify which drivers are spiking latency - it's usually network drivers but can be motherboard chipset or GPU.

Caporegime
Maybe Windows 11 could be the issue, I guess I could try reverting back to 10.

Just noticed XMP was disabled - possibly due to the Win 11 upgrade? Anyway, that setting is sorted now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Hello All, Just a little warning , last week I purchased the EVGA RTX 3090ti which was fine but when I came to using my HP Remedy G2 headset it would not work, no power no nothing. As my headset was over 2 years old I decided to purchase a new one and yet again nothing. I went onto various tech sites and found out that the headset would not work with any RTX 3090ti. All companies of concern have known about this problem since the release of the 3090ti and so far have done nothing. I sold my 3090ti today and went back to my 3090 which works with the headset.As far as I know the 3090ti (Any make) is the only card which will not work with the headset.

Soldato
Hello All, Just a little warning , last week I purchased the EVGA RTX 3090ti which was fine but when I came to using my HP Remedy G2 headset it would not work, no power no nothing. As my headset was over 2 years old I decided to purchase a new one and yet again nothing. I went onto various tech sites and found out that the headset would not work with any RTX 3090ti. All companies of concern have known about this problem since the release of the 3090ti and so far have done nothing. I sold my 3090ti today and went back to my 3090 which works with the headset.As far as I know the 3090ti (Any make) is the only card which will not work with the headset.

Sounds like a problem to do with the ports not detecting the HMD, Likely be fixed via a firmware update IF the vendors bother.

Caporegime
Any release notes ?
Extra Vulkan fixes/additions to the code.... Other than that, I have no idea!

Here's some new ones!

Windows insider 525.26

Huge performance gains are "CLAIMED" however some are saying it doesn't even have OpenCL so frame rates are inconstant! Regard these as Alpha :D

Windows 11: 22622.450

Just tested Cyberpunk and Valhalla both dx12 titles i played for hours both tittles and zero crashs or issues.

Tested Ryujinx and Yuzu on openGL 0 issues actually is noticeable the performance boost on opengl.

Actually is a incredible driver soo far... everything is so smooth zero stuttering even twitch feels smooth now oO i don't know the witchcraft behind the driver but i wish they maintain the "smoothness" on final release.

Permabanned
Big new MS2020 update 10 drops tomorrow at last, hopefully ASOBO have been working with Nvidia on their DX12 issues they have been focussing on?

So possibly new Nvidia official driver tomorow too?

Back
Top Bottom