• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Check the average fps between both. 3fps is run-variance. The minimum fps being higher has nothing to do with MSI mode, it's just sometimes the benchmark has a single frame hitch as the benchmark loads which is registered against the metrics, just like how RTSS logger will capture a single frame hitch at say 15fps when you exit a menu even though the rest of the game is say, 85fps. The average fps dictates the baseline of that run, and 3fps is easily within run variance as the same difference can be observed running the benchmark back to back a bunch of times too after closing and re-starting the game.

I think at the high end of the HW scale, the differences are negligible, it's probably more noticeable when a GPU can benefit due to being a midrange card etc.
Is this just a thing with 4 series cards or is this something I can tinker with on my 3080?

its mostly snake-oil, yes setting a higher priority could help in rare cases when your hitting resource limits or running 400 processes & its not getting a look in but 99.9% of cases it wont make much meaningful difference your just adding more bloat to change a settings that might help in 0.001 cases. :D

if your running a low end i3 or worse maybe yourll see difference worth while of messing with settings but why would you have say an i3 & decent gpu like a 4080

Last edited:

537.58 Release Highlights​

Game Ready for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology. This includes the launch of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Open Beta, Forza Motorsport, and Lords of the Fallen.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• Add Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass application profile for Lies of P [4290286]
Fixed General Bugs

• [GeForce RTX 4060] GPU monitoring utilities reporting incorrect idle power usage [4186490]
  • Increased DPC latency may be observed when GPU is connected over HDMI 2.1 FRL at 10bpc/12bpc [4253581]
I just noticed the line about DPC latency and HDMI 2.1 - and yup that's what I'm using! Fired up Latencymon and it's all green now instead of orange to red. I've never had noticeable issues duriing regular gaming but it's nice to know it's fixed for sure now.

545.84 is now out -

Release notes - https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/545.84/545.84-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Release Highlights​

Game Ready for NARAKA: BLADEPOINT and Warhammer: Vermintide 2

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including NARAKA: BLADEPOINT and Warhammer: Vermintide 2. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver introduces TensorRT acceleration for Stable Diffusion to increase performance by up to 2x.

Gaming Technology
  • Introduces support for RTX Video Super Resolution v1.5

Fixed General Bugs
  • Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode [4034096]
  • Monitor colors are incorrect after coming back from display sleep [3420257]

Last edited:
Glad to see this hopefully fixed as this was driving me bloody insane for a very long time in certain games on my 3090 and even 4090, only ever happened when gaming in HDR and could be very random, usually only when in menus when the GPU usage went to low or idle clocks. Upping the power usage to max power (per game basis) usage usually fixed this or reduced it significantly. Using a PG43UQ monitor.

Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode

The comparison shots for RTX video super resolution always show a decent detail increase but I could never see much difference when trying it for myself. It sure cranks up the GPU fans though.

Additional Open Issues from GeForce Forums

Notes: This is not new. Manuel from Nvidia has been tracking any additional driver issues in their forum post separate from release notes. Started doing this recently and will continue moving forward

• [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]

An annoying bug in 545.84, If I scroll a video that is playing on YouTube (SDR video), the video becomes darker when scrolling in the Chrome and Edge browser, when I stop scrolling it gets brighter again, doesn't seem to effect HDR videos. HDR turned on in Windows 11 23H2 and 4090 running on an Asus PG43UQ.

Browsing the Nvidia forum I've encountered another user with the same bug on this driver. So if anyone has weird video issues it's most likely 545.84. Also web browsing and even dragging windows about had the odd stuttering even at 120hz, sort of felt like vsync was off, also encountered others on the Nvidia forum with this issue on this driver. Installed 537.58 over the top and both issues are gone even without a reboot. Great job Nvidia, one step forward two steps back :mad:

Last edited:
Yeah moving windows around with a 1000Hz mouse is perfectly smooth motion on the previous driver, whereas there are some micro stutters with this new driver.

I've rolled back to the previous studio driver as a result.

Yeah moving windows around with a 1000Hz mouse is perfectly smooth motion on the previous driver, whereas there are some micro stutters with this new driver.

I've rolled back to the previous studio driver as a result.

I think the driver broke 4G Decoding on Windows 10

This driver has bad glitches in starfield and an overall weird feel to the desktop and other games too : Rolled back and all is good again

No lol, reverted the driver as soon as I saw that acrylic effects were broken

WOOOPS! Nvidia Facepalm

Back
Top Bottom