• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
OPEN ISSUES UPDATE :

[Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711]
Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
[GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
[Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
[RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
Windows Event Viewer incorrectly logs an error when NVTOPPS stops [4331318]
Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]
Brightness levels may not get applied correctly when playing back SDR videos in Chrome while HDR is enabled form the Windows Settings [4336461] -> To be resolved in a future Chrome update. Fix is present in latest Chrome Canary build: https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/
[Halo Infinite] Increased loading times after updating to driver 545.84 [4337526]

Caporegime
Vulkan Beta Driver
October 24th, 2023
Windows driver version 537.72 and Linux driver version 535.43.15 contain newly released Vulkan features and bug fixes for Vulkan game developers.

New Vulkan Driver just dropped, these are the same as the game ready drivers but has better support for Vulkan game devs. Such as Studio drivers being more suited for Studio work ( Still works on games )

Studio > Vulkan -> Game Ready

Last edited:
Caporegime
Game Ready for Alan Wake 2
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3.5 technology and DLSS Ray Reconstruction including Alan Wake 2. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Ghostrunner 2

Fixed Issues in Version 545.92 WHQL

Fixed Gaming Bugs

> [VR] Desktop colors turn overexposed after closing VR app
Fixed General Bugs
> N/A

Open Issues:
  • [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Windows Event Viewer incorrectly logs an error when NVTOPPS stops [4331318]
  • Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]
  • Brightness levels may not get applied correctly when playing back SDR videos in Chrome while HDR is enabled form the Windows Settings [4336461] -> To be resolved in a future Chrome update. Fix is present in latest Chrome Canary build: https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/
  • [Halo Infinite] Increased loading times after updating to driver 545.84 [4337526]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/545.92/545.92-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download https://www.guru3d.com/download/geforce-54592-whql-driver-download/

Last edited:
Caporegime
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Desynced, Jusant, and RoboCop: Rogue City.

Fixed Issues in Version 546.01 WHQL
Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Halo Infinite] Increased loading times after updating to driver 545.84 [4337526]
  • [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711]
Fixed General Bugs
  • Windows Event Viewer incorrectly logs an error when NVTOPPS stops [4331318]
  • LG C3 OLED TV does not show up as a validated G-SYNC Compatible display in the NVIDIA Control Panel [4247350]
  • Stable Diffusion significant performance reduction after driver update [4166994] • Workaround outlined here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5490
Open Issues in Version 546.01 WHQL

• Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]
  • Brightness levels may not get applied correctly when playing back SDR videos in Chrome while HDR is enabled form the Windows Settings [4336461] -> To be resolved in a future Chrome update. Fix is present in latest Chrome Canary build:
  • [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
NVIDIA Release Notes Win10

Download: https://www.guru3d.com/download/geforce-546-01-whql-driver-download/

Last edited:
Associate
Far too many major open issues there. So another set of drivers to skip, the 54 series of drivers are the worst I've used in many years, thankfully games like Alan Wake 2 still work perfectly on 537.58 with all features turned on including path tracing with no hit to performance or stability in my quick testing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Far too many major open issues there. So another set of drivers to skip, the 54 series of drivers are the worst I've used in many years, thankfully games like Alan Wake 2 still work perfectly on 537.58 with all features turned on including path tracing with no hit to performance or stability in my quick testing.

Pretty sure they all have roughly that many open issues.
If none of them effect you then there is no reason to be concerned

Associate
Pretty sure they all have roughly that many open issues.
If none of them effect you then there is no reason to be concerned

The bright image when scrolling on a YT video then dark when you stop does seem to have been fixed since Chrome did their last update. But my biggest issues with all 54 based drivers at the moment on my 4090 is scrolling web pages in Chrome or Edge, it's horrifically stuttery, it's as if VSYNC is off in the browser and it looks and feels like it's running at between 40fps and 120fps when you use the middle mouse button and try auto scroll down, it's supposed to scroll very smoothly and always has done. DDU does not fix this, but the moment I installed any driver version that's 537 and older the browser performance is silky smooth.

Never experienced a bug like it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The bright image when scrolling on a YT video then dark when you stop does seem to have been fixed since Chrome did their last update. But my biggest issues with all 54 based drivers at the moment on my 4090 is scrolling web pages in Chrome or Edge, it's horrifically stuttery, it's as if VSYNC is off in the browser and it looks and feels like it's running at between 40fps and 120fps when you use the middle mouse button and try auto scroll down, it's supposed to scroll very smoothly and always has done. DDU does not fix this, but the moment I installed any driver version that's 537 and older the browser performance is silky smooth.

Never experienced a bug like it.

Odd, it's fine for me.
I always find it weird how some bugs affect some people and not others... Like we both have a 4090 so in theory the drivers should behave the same, but they don't :confused:

Associate
Odd, it's fine for me.
I always find it weird how some bugs affect some people and not others... Like we both have a 4090 so in theory the drivers should behave the same, but they don't :confused:

Its interesting how that works, but with so many software and driver combos even the slightest change could cause major issues. Was going to skip this but wanted to do video showing the browser stuttering side by side, but it whatever changes they did in 546.01 has actually fixed the ridiculous browser stuttering, bloody typical :cry:

545.84 and 545.92 had the issue, but whatever they changed in 546.01 has fixed it, my browser version never changed between 545.92 and 546.01.

Soldato
Its interesting how that works, but with so many software and driver combos even the slightest change could cause major issues. Was going to skip this but wanted to do video showing the browser stuttering side by side, but it whatever changes they did in 546.01 has actually fixed the ridiculous browser stuttering, bloody typical :cry:

545.84 and 545.92 had the issue, but whatever they changed in 546.01 has fixed it, my browser version never changed between 545.92 and 546.01.

Glad it's fixed :)

Back
Top Bottom