• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

My god what have I done

Bell_BIC_Can_of_Worms_1.jpg

Check it out :D see what your Worms say haaa

Both companies have been at it for longer than I care to remember. ATi and NV both have manipulated drivers to win one over. You're only guilty of it until you've been caught out.

Find allegiance with something more personal some of you. Yawn wars

The thing I find great is, we are tooing and froing about performance but the fact remains that nVidia and AMD are getting/going to get great performance whichever manufacturer you prefer to buy from. No one is missing out (nVidia/AMD) and hopefully across the board we get 90 fps instead of 80 fps (if that makes sense).

Carry on with the 'mine is better' by all means but when we look out the box, it is proper gravy for both AMD and nVidia. I just hope nVidia remains 1 fps ahead though :p

The thing I find great is, we are tooing and froing about performance but the fact remains that nVidia and AMD are getting/going to get great performance whichever manufacturer you prefer to buy from. No one is missing out (nVidia/AMD) and hopefully across the board we get 90 fps instead of 80 fps (if that makes sense).

Carry on with the 'mine is better' by all means but when we look out the box, it is proper gravy for both AMD and nVidia. I just hope nVidia remains 1 fps ahead though :p

Am sure the textures will give you about 1fps extra :p joking aside it's great times ahead for us all.

Stanners, practice what you preach old boy. I'm not really seeing much trashing, just debate and speculation. Are we not allowed to comment or give an opinion because we have a different gpu? Because that's not how any Mantle/Pro AMD thread goes down. In there you have the 'Nvidia Crew' (your choice of words) trashing those threads just as much as what has gone on in here, but you don't see us moaning about it.

You can all me anything you want sweetcheeks. :p

Can you not actually tell that a lot of comments are designed to cause conflict without actually directly saying it(I have seen it happen in AMD threads as well), and some people have fallen for it. I thought the term crew was ok, and a polite way of saying it. If it makes you cringe you must be just to cool for me. Funny isn't it how people see things different :)

Last edited:
Can you not actually tell that a lot of comments are designed to cause conflict without actually directly saying it(I have seen it happen in AMD threads as well), and some people have fallen for it. I thought the term crew was ok, and a polite way of saying it. If it makes you cringe you must be just to cool for me. I find a lot of how you behave in tweets to AMD staff very as you say cringe worthy. Funny isn't it how people see things different )

Comments like what? I've not made any such comments. It makes me cringe that you think of people as part of a gang because of the gpu they use. Its funny because when Rusty said it you agreed with him, then a page later you start saying it yourself. It seems you're just as bad as the rest of the 'crew' after all. Also no idea what my twitter account or what i say on it has anything to do with this, but i guess its nice to add another stalker to the list. I find you get further in life by being polite to people. :)

EDIT

I'm glad you decided to edit your post. No need to get personal.

joking aside it's great times ahead for us all.

As I own Nvidia cards as well as AMD I should be feeling the same, but to be honest I am more annoyed that after releasing numerous drivers for the cards they designed they have all of a sudden found some extra performance now they need it due to Mantle, it's a little too convenient.

It makes me cringe that you think of people as part of a gang because of the gpu they use.

I think the "gangs" are divided more by which side posters are biased towards than what sides card they own.

As I own Nvidia cards as well as AMD I should be feeling the same, but to be honest I am more annoyed that after releasing numerous drivers for the cards they designed they have all of a sudden found some extra performance now they need it due to Mantle, it's a little too convenient.

to be frank, with both Mantle and with these drivers, we are still talking single digit differences in FPS - e.g. imperceptible to most people
it's all just hype and marketing

to be frank, with both Mantle and with these drivers, we are still talking single digit differences in FPS - e.g. imperceptible to most people

Agreed. I will be surprised to see any difference in DX11 and if there is, it will be a couple of fps at most. Maybe something like Hitman that suffers from CPU bottlenecking for me might be nice but other than that, I predict mostly this is marketing.

single digits?

With mantle; both BF4 and Thief; 14.2 drivers raised my ave by about 15-20 frames; as my top frames when up by about 25 frames.......

Its the min frames that went from single digits aka 4-5........to 40s......

That's the difference.....right there; that turned good gaming into something completely different. I'm not joking when I say this is the smoothest and best game play on any game I've ever played.

This is on 7870 LE....to say there is no difference with Mantle is fooling.......I mean the 7000 series hasn't even had any optimizations yet....

Do I see Nvidia being able to do the same with their drivers? No; but I do see them giving some more performance for free.........and that isn't a bad thing....

Yep I said this back a couple of pages.

+

Agreed. I will be surprised to see any difference in DX11 and if there is, it will be a couple of fps at most. Maybe something like Hitman that suffers from CPU bottlenecking for me might be nice but other than that, I predict mostly this is marketing.

Maybe for the new found rocket up nvidias backside, this 'extra' performance which was always there, there was just no onus to put much resource to it. See below for where the real difference will be made to guys that do not use bleeding edge hardware:

single digits?

With mantle; both BF4 and Thief; 14.2 drivers raised my ave by about 15-20 frames; as my top frames when up by about 25 frames.......

Its the min frames that went from single digits aka 4-5........to 40s......

That's the difference.....right there; that turned good gaming into something completely different. I'm not joking when I say this is the smoothest and best game play on any game I've ever played.

Humbug stop posting those damn screenshots, just post the figures lol!

Any eta on the new drivers yet?

Humbug posts that in every thread. It is spam and has nothing to do with DX11 enhancements!

Edit:

It wouldn't be so bad if it was Ultra but it isn't and I don't see the point of hitting thread after thread with it. We have all seen Humbugs wondrous Mantle improvements and now time to move on.

Well excuse Nvidia owners for looking forward to free performance gains, I haven't a clue what these new drivers really have to offer but it's very welcome whatever the gains and will tide us over till DX12. ;)

You really expect these drivers to tide you over for 21 months?
DX12 isn't due for release until xmas 2015 and thats if MS manage to stick their own deadlines.

It's meaningless, the non-Mantle system is having to render fire and smoke and a couple of vehicles. Do the comparison on an empty server with the same onscreen visual elements at least.

Meaningless? no one plays on empty servers, hows empty servers in any way meaningful?

Here... one i had, do you want the DX comparison? it ain't much better than the other one. might be 60 FPS if its lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom