• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Nvidia are getting new drivers that improve performance? Good. As an AMD owner, this doesn't affect me at all and my PC will be just as quick as it was before Nvidia release their drivers. As a PC gamer, I'm really pleased for my green-tinged brethren that their PCs will be performing faster for no extra cash.

There we go fellow red team fanboys - was that SO hard?!? :p
Just wait till Gameworks find its way into more games. There's already some games which 290x is slower than the GTX770 and 7850 slower than the GTX560Ti right now :D

Last edited:

And there was me thinking Mantle was still in Beta.

Lets just hope Nvidia deliver on this.. or maybe this has all just been overhyped.

---

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...5-23-whql-driver-feedback-thread-3-10-14-/37/

ManuelG said:
MadUser#2312 said:
Are these rumors true?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidi...e-performance-improvements-in-cpu-heavy-games

There are some games that will receive a performance boost in the next driver.

Some games huh? At least we'll find out in 'a couple of weeks'.

Anyway i'm out of this thread before war breaks out.. yet again.

So now it changes from global to some games? Prepare for a disappointment methinks. Good PR though.

Well DX11 would be some games. The way he has answered would be correct, as if he said 'global' to the question, it would have meant DX7/8/9/10 etc.

Why would you prepare for disappointment? Ahhhh, that's right, you have AMD GPU's :D

Good ol Ryan

a2b993dca18997a7af2707d81be4d160.jpg

Well DX11 would be some games. The way he has answered would be correct, as if he said 'global' to the question, it would have meant DX7/8/9/10 etc.

Why would you prepare for disappointment? Ahhhh, that's right, you have AMD GPU's :D

Good ol Ryan

a2b993dca18997a7af2707d81be4d160.jpg

It would be tough to claim it is totally global without knowing how much use of the specific DX11 calls theyve optimised each game has. Nv have tested some high profile apps and seen good gains, but there is no way they could definitively say it was totally "global" in the truest sense of the word, someone is bound to find a few games where the improvements are less profound. But lets be honest here, compared with the grand total of TWO mantle games...

'Crew'

Jesus I thought we'd moved on from that.

It's mental Rusty, I am starting to think you have to take a blood oath to purchase an AMD card. Never seen so much but hurt over something they have a version of already. Its like the need to trash it before it is released just incase.

AMD owners have mantle. Meanwhile Nvidia owners may get something.

Everyones should be happy instead of pre emptive trashing.

How come a nvidia thread has more of the amd crew posting than anyone else. This seems to have really unsettled some of you. Very amusing :)

Stanners, practice what you preach old boy. I'm not really seeing much trashing, just debate and speculation. Are we not allowed to comment or give an opinion because we have a different gpu? Because that's not how any Mantle/Pro AMD thread goes down. In there you have the 'Nvidia Crew' (your choice of words) trashing those threads just as much as what has gone on in here, but you don't see us moaning about it.

Would you prefer POSSE :D

You can all me anything you want sweetcheeks. :p

I know, one gets the impression they're feeling nervous about something. :D
Feeling nervous? Probably not. They are probably find it funny people keep on trying to praise Nvidia, despite their graphic cards have been under-performing for such a long time due to these dx11 limitation and they didn't bother to address and tackle the issue until AMD brought out Mantle.

Also, people are hyping up this "theoretical" performance increase far too much. Wouldn't it be better let these "miracle drivers" making their way in to actual application first before hyping it? Let the performance do the talking, not the typical PR and marketing mambo-jumbo telling what the audience wants to hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom