• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Anyone having trouble with any nvidia driver from June onwards playing battlefield 5 / dx12?

As soon as I start the game I just get a black screen and reverts back to the desktop.

Associate
Folks, can anyone remind me what is the usual settings to use in NCPL?
Was it turn on Gysnc in the NCPL and Vsync in the game or in the NCPL as well?
I forgot!

Vsync is not required to use g-sync, the only thing that matters is that to have g-sync working when it's enabled, is the FPS must fall within your monitors g-sync refresh range. If the game is demanding enough with the settings turned up, mission accomplished, if not yes you can use vsync either in game or the control panel, but personally I prefer the frame cap in control panel as it adds less latency compared to vsync.

I have since reconsidered. While I haven't had an issues with the above, this article suggests differently.

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14

Last edited:
Permabanned
Vsync is not required to use g-sync, the only thing that matters is that to have g-sync working when it's enabled, is the FPS must fall within your monitors g-sync refresh range. If the game is demanding enough with the settings turned up, mission accomplished, if not yes you can use vsync either in game or the control panel, but personally I prefer the frame cap in control panel as it adds less latency compared to vsync.

I can understand that to be true for the full blown G-Sync modules as they have RAM to buffer the image while waiting for the next frame to begin, but is this also true for the G-Sync compatible panels which have no buffer?

Permabanned
lmao funny nvidia stuff

- suggests enabling ultra low latency >> doesn't work in dx12/vulkan games due to engine managing its own pre-render buffers

- suggests enabling fullscreen for better latency >> doesn't work in dx12/vulkan games because vulkan dx12 pretty much killed the exclusive fullscreen stuff

- Turn on “Game Mode” in Windows - Turning on Windows Game Mode helps prioritize processes that are associated with your game. This can help reduce latency by letting the CPU stay focused on collecting your inputs and simulating the game. >> a huge lie

- Consider Faster Hardware - There is only so much optimization you can do in software. At some point, the best way to get lower latency is to invest in faster hardware. A faster CPU and GPU can significantly reduce latency throughout the system. >> buy new stuff they say

- Before NVIDIA Reflex, gamers had to make this tradeoff between higher graphics settings and better latency. With the NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency mode, gamers can increase graphics settings and resolution without significantly increasing latency -- latency is only increased by the raw GPU render time. >> no point in pushing ultra settings in games like fortnite, r6, apex legends especially with anything above gtx 1060

Soldato
How are the new drivers for Warzone / Modern Warfare? I'm still on 461.40 with the followig config (Game mode and all that sort of tosh is off)

lU5eGRg.png

Soldato
Working fine here.

I have noted in the past that you need to restart AB if you have it on during a Nvidia driver install, as then, it will indeed read zero memory usage.

Hence I always turn it off beforehand.
this is after multiple reboots so not that, but but has now started working on 3rd boot up :/

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 472.12 WHQL driver

Game Ready for Windows 11
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the official launch of Windows 11, including a variety of new features and functionality to enhance your gaming and productivity. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Alan Wake Remastered which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost frame rates by up to 2x at 4K resolution. Additionally, this release always provides optimal support for the latest update to Deathloop which introduces NVIDIA Reflex technology, as well as the launch of Diablo II: Resurrected, Far Cry 6, Hot Wheels Unleashed, Industria, New World, and World War Z: Aftermath.

Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Watch Dogs Legion]: Stuttering may occur in the game with ReBAR enabled. [3356008]
- [Battlefield V][DirectX 12]: The game may crash with HDR enabled. [3353767]
- [Redshift3D]: GPU clocks may get stuck at the maximum rate. [3324452]
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After overinstalling the driver using express install when GPU scaling is enabled, the 0.59x upscaling factor is missing from the NVIDIA Control Panel scaling resolution list (Display > Change Resolution page). [200765424]

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/september-2021-rtx-dlss-game-updates/
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-472-12-whql-driver-download.html

Associate

That is incorrect the best and correct way to enable Gsync is turn it on in the Nvidia CP, then set a frame cap to 3 frames below your refresh rate and then enable vsync in the NVCP this will produce the best frame time/pacing and min latency. Without Vsync the frame pacing/time will be all over the place and produce micros stutter.

Theres a very good guide on this

Back
Top Bottom