• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Ray tracing "filters".... big fat meh, it's not proper ray tracing, you still get all the issues of SSR with disappearing reflections when camera angle adjusted etc. and unless it has changed, for ray tracing lighting/GI, iirc, they can only work with what is shown on your screen/view point i.e. if there is a light source right behind you, this will be disregarded, which will mess up the lighting etc. far more than not having it turned on in the first place.

Associate
I couldn't get Mass Effect 1 (legendary edition) to apply any of my DLDSR resolutions. I have both 1.78 and 2.25 ticked in NV Control Panel, my native resolution is 1440p, if I select anything higher in this game it reverts back to 1440p. Haven't tried any other games yet... Will do so soon.

Associate
So I tried DLDSR in GTA V and yeah pretty impressed with the results. My native is 1440p and enabling 2.25 DLDSR makes my game run at 4K but with barely any performance hit and looks so much better than using in game MSAA

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Didn’t look at any numbers as I was tired last night but a modded version of Skyrim looks a little nicer using DLDSR.

Must remember to disable it before playing anything recent though or it’ll be a slideshow!

Soldato
Yeah I am going studio drivers from now on, they released the new DSR on the build right after studio, probably deliberately as its effectively public beta right now.

Associate
I feel like DLDSR has changed the game for me, sounds mad but I was convinced on upgrading my card but now that I can run games in 4K at 1440p I'm not sure I need to as the visuals are just that good. Currently playing a bit of Mafia Def Edition and its got me feeling like I have a new card

Caporegime
I feel like DLDSR has changed the game for me, sounds mad but I was convinced on upgrading my card but now that I can run games in 4K at 1440p I'm not sure I need to as the visuals are just that good. Currently playing a bit of Mafia Def Edition and its got me feeling like I have a new card

Yep, makes a huge difference if you aren't already at 4k native, particularly in titles that lack any real in game AA settings.

Back
Top Bottom