• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Has anyone else got feedback on DLDSR vs normal DSR?

I don't have fps figures but I have some subjective feedback on DLDSR.

Background: I have an EVGA 3080Ti, my monitor is 3840x2160 at 120Hz with GSync (variable refresh rate technology). My top priority when setting up a game is getting 120fps most of the time with only brief and occasional dips into the 90s. If the GPU can't handle that at 2160p at max graphics settings I tend to reduce the resolution before the graphics settings, to my eyes a 1440p image at max settings looks better than a 2160p image at reduced settings. I also have the framerate capped to 120fps in Nvidia settings as I don't want my GPU wasting electricity rendering frames I can't use.

As others have pointed out previously here and elsewhere, DLSS (not DLDSR) has been pretty useless until DLSS 2.2 was released last year and now I'm using it in most games that support it. At the 'Balanced' setting it's giving me a very significant increase to image quality for very little extra GPU usage, it's great and I hope Nvidia continues to develop the technology further.

When playing older games previously, some games I'd use the DSR factors, some games I'd run in native resolution and force 8x anti-aliasing in Nvidia settings, which looks better is quite variable between games. Yesterday I downloaded the new driver to give this DLDSR a go. I tried both the 1.78x and 2.25x settings in about half a dozen games from 10-15+ years ago, mostly shooters, e.g call of duty and battlefield games from that era, UT3, etc. The image quality of the scaling was on par with similar levels of scaling using legacy DSR and at lower GPU usage (how much lower depended on the game, some not that much, obviously Nvidia cherry picked their example). However, even though FRAPS and the games themselves reported rock solid 120fps with DLDSR on, the image had a subtle judder to it, I couldn't quite put my finger on it but there was certainly a decreased smoothness compared to the same framerate using legacy DSR or just native resolution rendering. I tried turning the variable frame rate (GSync) off, no effect. This experience was consistent across all the games I tried. So it seems this new technology is just like DLSS in that its first version is a good proof of concept but not actually useable long-term yet, although YMMV of course. Hopefully future iterations will solve the teething issues just as they did with DLSS.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have fps figures but I have some subjective feedback on DLDSR.

Background: I have an EVGA 3080Ti, my monitor is 3840x2160 at 120Hz with GSync (variable refresh rate technology). My top priority when setting up a game is getting 120fps most of the time with only brief and occasional dips into the 90s. If the GPU can't handle that at 2160p at max graphics settings I tend to reduce the resolution before the graphics settings, to my eyes a 1440p image at max settings looks better than a 2160p image at reduced settings. I also have the framerate capped to 120fps in Nvidia settings as I don't want my GPU wasting electricity rendering frames I can't use.

As others have pointed out previously here and elsewhere, DLSS (not DLDSR) has been pretty useless until DLSS 2.2 was released last year and now I'm using it in most games that support it. At the 'Balanced' setting it's giving me a very significant increase to image quality for very little extra GPU usage, it's great and I hope Nvidia continues to develop the technology further.

When playing older games previously, some games I'd use the DSR factors, some games I'd run in native resolution and force 8x anti-aliasing in Nvidia settings, which looks better is quite variable between games. Yesterday I downloaded the new driver to give this DLDSR a go. I tried both the 1.78x and 2.25x settings in about half a dozen games from 10-15+ years ago, mostly shooters, e.g call of duty and battlefield games from that era, UT3, etc. The image quality of the scaling was on par with similar levels of scaling using legacy DSR and at lower GPU usage (how much lower depended on the game, some not that much, obviously Nvidia cherry picked their example). However, even though FRAPS and the games themselves reported rock solid 120fps with DLDSR on, the image had a subtle judder to it, I couldn't quite put my finger on it but there was certainly a decreased smoothness compared to the same framerate using legacy DSR or just native resolution rendering. I tried turning the variable frame rate (GSync) off, no effect. This experience was consistent across all the games I tried. So it seems this new technology is just like DLSS in that its first version is a good proof of concept but not actually useable long-term yet, although YMMV of course. Hopefully future iterations will solve the teething issues just as they did with DLSS.

Thanks for posting, I've not yet noticed any loss of smoothness yet but will look out for now that you've said

Caporegime
Looks like the 511.23 are suffering frame rate issues and stuttering ( of which I've have noticed in all games I play, just by going from 511.09 to 511.23 without DL DSR )
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/s3sas9/game_ready_driver_51123_faqdiscussion/

Forum Posts :

I upgraded to this driver version on my 3080 Ti and started experiencing strange "underperforming" issues in all 3D applications. Games I could easily run at 160 frames were now bogging down at 60.

Games tested: Halo Infinite, Apex Legends
giving random game crashing and stuttering.. reverted back to 497.09 (early december update and everything is back to normal

The newest driver killed the performance of my gtx 1060, BF4 ran at 1440P with around 120-140fps, now i barely get 70

3080 here. This driver is causing stuttering in OW for me.
Rolling back the driver resolves the issue.

anyone else getting a 2-3 second stutter every minute or so?
gaming or just general use, since i updated, it’s been happening.

-50 avg fps on bf2042. Nice stuff.

This driver dropped my frames on fh5 by 10-15. 3080ti here, had to rollback to previous god of war runs just fine on older driver too

511.23 plays very bad at my side. Fallout 76 massive stuttering,Battlefield 2042 frame drops. GJ nvidia for another *** driver.

Caporegime
All has been fine for me with the new driver. Looking at a few of the comments, people had noticed the power limit on their overclocking software had set itself to 50%, etc., so it may be worth checking that if you notice issues.

Drops of more than a few fps across multiple titles likely mean your card isn't boosting properly.

Associate
Yes I noticed the new driver had messed with the power limit (the graph of max core frequency vs temperature in EVGA X1 software) for my GPU. I checked the software immediately after installing the driver before trying to play any games to double check that it hadn't messed with my custom fan curves. Fan curves were intact but as stated the freq/temp graph had been drastically altered, even below where it was when I very first bought the card and installed the software. Since I corrected the curve straight after installing the driver, I noticed no reduction in fps in any games.

I suspect this is the reason others are experiencing fps drops.

Associate
Update: I have rolled back to 497.27 but only because 511.23 is not correctly passing 10bpc SDR video from media player to madvr to GPU. Several users on the guru3d forums have also reported this issue.

Last edited:
Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 511.32 WHQL driver for RTX 3050

GeForce Game Ready Driver
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
Gaming Technology
Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3050.
Driver support only RTX 3050
Windows 10/11 Issues
- [Windows11][Far Cry 6]: Geometric corruption occurs in the benchmark and in gameplay. [3441540]
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. [200767905] If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/511.32/511.32-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf
Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-511-32-whql-driver-download-(for-rtx-3050).html

Back
Top Bottom