• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Working brilliantly for both my RTX and GTX!! Just needed to set the right template ie for my GTX it was "Quadro M4000 as a hardware template and signature has been ticked".

Not many will do this though as I do like modified drivers :D

My Google skills must be failing me, got a link to anywhere this is being discussed?

Would like to see some benchmarks to see if it's worth the hassle of learning how to I stall them.

Caporegime
My Google skills must be failing me, got a link to anywhere this is being discussed?

Would like to see some benchmarks to see if it's worth the hassle of learning how to I stall them.

Here you go!

Brilliant drivers as far as I'm concerned ( although it was a bit of a faff installing them )

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 516.40

Release 515 Driver for Windows
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Fall Guy: Free for All. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including the addition of NVIDIA Reflex in ICARUS and the introduction of ray tracing to Jurassic World Evolution 2, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7.

What’s New in Release 515
Added support for Windows 11 22H2.
Added support for CUDA 11.7.

Fixed Issues in Version
- [Enscape] Shadows may not be rendered correctly.
- [Advanced Optimus] Brightness settings are not getting applied correctly on certain Lenovo notebooks.
- Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz.

Open Issues in Version
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- [GeForce RTX 3090 Ti] HP Reverb G2/Oculus Rift S/Pimax 8Kx is not detected.
- Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- [Assassin's Creed Origins] Game displays flicker when character is under water near a boat.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/516.40/516.40-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download https://us.download.nvidia.com/Wind...-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Associate
Really don't like 516.40, causing game stuttering and game stability issues (game locks up) in Destiny 2 when the game is in Windowed fullscreen and I alt tab out and back in (Windows 11 control panel HDR enabled), all 512 drivers and older I've never had those issues. I've installed 512.95 over the top and even without a reboot my game now doesn't stutter when I alt tab out and back in and game seems to be stable once again.

Destiny 2 when you open another window the game drops to 30fps and stays running on screen which is normal and when you click on the Destiny 2 window it will run at full speed again, my frame rate while jumping back in goes back to it's usual 100+fps but has terrible stuttering on 516.40 (extremely visible on camera panning) and if there is a lot explosions the framerate tanks to 20/30fps which shouldn't happen, on 516.40 I have to alt-enter to go fullscreen and back to Windowed fullscreen to fix the stuttering and framerate issue every time, never had to do this on the 512 drivers. I'm certainly staying away from the 516 ones for now.

Caporegime

NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download​

Game Ready for F1 22
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for F1 22 which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to maximize performance and features four high-fidelity ray-traced effects. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including Loopmancer and Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.

Fixed Issues
- [Red Dead Redemption][Vulkan]: Some objects may flicker when player is indoors.
- [OpenGL] Minecraft Java Edition may display artifacts when using Optifine shaders.
- [OpenGL] Artifacts may appear in Second Life when connecting using third party viewers.
- [Neverwinter Nights] Light sources not rendering correctly.
- [Vulkan] Path of Exile displays flashing black textures.
- [G-SYNC] Games may stutter when bringing up the Xbox app overlay.
- [UE5] General UE5 stability improvements.

Open Issues
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos.
- [RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off.
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
- [Jurassic World Evolution 2][Microsoft Store] Artifacts may appear in game.
- [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes.
- [MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode.
- [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay.

Download:

Caporegime
Soldato
OP
NVIDIA GeForce 516.79 Hotfix drivers

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is optimized for the best gameplay on day-1.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

• [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability [3661210]
  • [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match [3696921]
  • [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup [3691274]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers [3700239]
  • [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. [3685638]
  • [Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay [3603261]

Caporegime
I don't recall having this issue when using my last card (980Ti) but since switching to a 3070 FE,
once or twice a day I will experience what I can only describe as an audio 'crunch' or stuttery glitch when gaming or viewing content e.g. YouTube.

I've reinstalled the drivers three times with the last attempt being a clean installation.
Has anyone else had something similar occur?

Perhaps it be conflicting with the motherboard audio (Realtek vs Nvidia HD Audio Driver)?

Running the latest drivers.

Soldato
I don't recall having this issue when using my last card (980Ti) but since switching to a 3070 FE,
once or twice a day I will experience what I can only describe as an audio 'crunch' or stuttery glitch when gaming or viewing content e.g. YouTube.

I've reinstalled the drivers three times with the last attempt being a clean installation.
Has anyone else had something similar occur?

Perhaps it be conflicting with the motherboard audio (Realtek vs Nvidia HD Audio Driver)?

Running the latest drivers.

Nope, can't say I have.

Caporegime
I've now uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver, so we'll see if that is the answer.

I read somewhere that going into the bios and unchecking fast boot might help...

Having read a little about Ampere's power spikes, I wondered if that could be related?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Caporegime
I cant see the backstory, what is the actual issue just odd stutter with the 3070 since changing GPU? Just trying to dig for detail as its easier to diagnose.

It's corrupted-sounding audio either from a game or media and lasts for around 1 second or less.
Rather than a video stutter, think of it as an audio hitch or stutter.

Back
Top Bottom