• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Do you guys update drivers all the time or just when a meaningful update comes along or a new game you are playing needs it?

Personally I tend to stick with whatever driver is known good until either a critical security update, major feature update or a game comes along which requires a newer driver.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Personally I tend to stick with whatever driver is known good until either a critical security update, major feature update or a game comes along which requires a newer driver.

This is exactly what I do. Last time I updated it was before starting Horizon Forbiden West. That game actually noticed I was not on the latest driver and popped up a message recommending I update which was cool.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I used to, but I realised it was just a habit, even a slightly OCD behaviour. It's like some people are desperate to update as soon as a new one comes out.

Back in the day I used to love doing it. Back then each driver had a chance of actually bringing in some performance gains though. As that stopped being the case I started updating less and less. To the point now my drivers can some times be 3-6 months old.

I upgrade with every new release.

I do, just because I can more than anything.

Trouble is sometimes this can cause more issues I find. Like say a new bug that got missed or some other issue. It is rare, but does happen.

Last edited:
Don
Back in the day I used to love doing it. Back then each driver had a chance of actually bringing in some performance gains though. As that stopped being the case I started updating less and less. To the point now my drivers can some times be 3-6 months old.

Trouble is sometimes this can cause more issues I find. Like say a new bug that got missed or some other issue. It is rare, but does happen.

Yeah could be an issue, but touch wood so far I have been okay with the games I play. Easy enough to role back I suppose.

Soldato
I'd like to say I update regularly or that I stay with a good known driver until another one becomes known as a good driver, but I've gotten lazy and since my GPU is old and the games I play are too (or not very demanding) I tend to sit on one driver for a while unless something comes up (like Windows randomly updates the driver) or I think to myself, "It's been a while I should probably update".

I used to update really regularly, but don't recall getting much benefit from it. To be fair if the driver gave me an update button and notified me when a new driver was out I might be tempted to do it more frequently.

Caporegime
GeForce 552.44 WHQL driver

Game Ready for Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Homeworld 3 which supports DLSS Super Resolution.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT: Resizable BAR profile [4597841]
Fixed General Bugs
  • N/A
Open Issues
  • Tekken 8 may randomly crash during gameplay on GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards. [4503216]
  • Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition: Lower GPU utilization when Reflex is set to “On + Boost” [4412035]
  • Microsoft New Teams/Microsoft New Outlook displays visual artifacts when MFAA is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel [4608670]
Please note
  • For users observing random checkerboard corruption in Chromium based applications (eg. Chrome, Edge, Discord), a fix will be rolled out in a future Windows update. For more information, please visit: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/40281472#comment64
  • If NVIDIA WhisperMode appears as "Not Ready" in GeForce Experience, please review the following FAQ for troubleshooting assistance: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5538/
  • If your system is using an Intel 13th/14th Gen unlocked desktop CPU and is experiencing stability issues/out of video memory error messages/crash to desktop while the game is compiling shaders, please consult the following sites for troubleshooting assistance:

Associate
For users observing random checkerboard corruption in Chromium based applications (eg. Chrome, Edge, Discord), a fix will be rolled out in a future Windows update

About damn time because this bug has been driving me nuts for months even with changing Chromes renderer setting. This crap should have been fixed far quicker than this.

Associate
I've always just updated whenever geforce told me a new driver was ready. However 552.44 has broken something somewhere. It did a restart as a part of a reinstall and then there was no signal being sent to the monitors.

On both my monitors neither hdmi or displayport are receiving any signals. I've tried switching inputs back and forth, restarting the pc, turning everything off at the walls and restarting. No nothing. Second monitor checkerboards from time to time on displayport but that's about it.

So I can't even roll back the driver update because I can't see anything.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
I only bother to upgrade my drivers if a game isn't working and the driver fixes it. Last time I updated for no reason other than new driver, it broke the game I was playing and I had to go back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone getting random small black artifacts when web browsing with Nvidia drivers when using Windows 11 and Edge? Ive had this for months with all different drivers. It does not happen anywhere else apart from web browsing

Associate
I've always just updated whenever geforce told me a new driver was ready. However 552.44 has broken something somewhere. It did a restart as a part of a reinstall and then there was no signal being sent to the monitors.

On both my monitors neither hdmi or displayport are receiving any signals. I've tried switching inputs back and forth, restarting the pc, turning everything off at the walls and restarting. No nothing. Second monitor checkerboards from time to time on displayport but that's about it.

So I can't even roll back the driver update because I can't see anything.
Any suggestions?
Start in safe mode, uninstall driver using DDU, then install new driver and reboot into normal mode.

Back
Top Bottom