The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gilly said:
Newcastle, Leeds and Nottingham > Liverpool and Manchester though.
Don't forget sheffield, much nicer than nottingham and newcastle imo

LynnieLeigh said:
It is a much safer, nicer city since your last visit :) they have been doing a lot of work for the Capital of Culture 2008.
It makes me laugh how liverpool keeps building up this capital of culture thing. Apart from the fact that it isn't for 3 years yet, without googling, I don't know anyone who can name the 2005/6/7 capitals of culture??? - it's a total non-title. :p

Man of Honour
j00ni said:
It makes me laugh how liverpool keeps building up this capital of culture thing. Apart from the fact that it isn't for 3 years yet, without googling, I don't know anyone who can name the 2005/6/7 capitals of culture??? - it's a total non-title. :p

Except for the fact that I'm sure it can bring revenue into the city, plus the city has tried to clean itself up to live up to the title, which can only be a good thing.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Except for the fact that I'm sure it can bring revenue into the city, plus the city has tried to clean itself up to live up to the title, which can only be a good thing.
True. It's just when people say things like 'Liverpool is the best city in the country/north/area because it is capital of culture 2008' :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
j00ni said:
Don't forget sheffield, much nicer than nottingham and newcastle imo
I didn't ;)

It might be nicer but it doesn't compare to Newcastle on the night out front. Not even slightly. Newc is the only city in the UK can rival Leeds for a night out.

Suspended
Wheey, finally, another Liverpool meet! And I'll be able to come this time, definitely. Count me in (and I'll bring my friends too, wondrous)

BTW: Whilst we're on the topic of Liverpool, if anyone fancies coming to FACT cinema on Wednesday 6th of next month, a short film I made is being shown as part of Liverpool film night. Should be a giggle.

Suspended
Matblack said:
Hmmmmm, can I just point out there are potential pitfulls of bringing you own little supply of friends to a OcUK meet

MB

Well, they've all been OcUK customers at some point (infact one of them is a regular visitor to the shop), and since it's a few months away I'll encourage them to try and use the forum first. If not, they can bugger off!

Man of Honour
LeperousDust said:
Erm? Could have sworn you were down here within the last 6 months defo. I coud probably narrow it down more. Unless your not counting Maghull maybe cause its not the centre of Liverpool?
Well unless driving the length of the M62 equates to visiting Leeds, and driving round the M25 means going out in London, no, I wouldn't say visiting Maghull represented Liverpool particularly.

Man of Honour
j00ni said:
True. It's just when people say things like 'Liverpool is the best city in the country/north/area because it is capital of culture 2008' :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone said anything like that :)

MasterMike said:
Well, they've all been OcUK customers at some point (infact one of them is a regular visitor to the shop), and since it's a few months away I'll encourage them to try and use the forum first. If not, they can bugger off!

It's not so much that, but generally when people bring their own friends to a meet, then tend to just interact with those friends, and not mingle with the OcUK bunch, which is what these meets are all about. It's happened before.

Soldato
MasterMike said:

Customers or not we've had non forum members at meets before, partners don't count (primerily becuase Roz and Amy are cute) and they can be detremental not to our experience but to the experience of the person who brings them, fair enough if they are active forum peeps but you can find yourself making very few new friends because you have other people there to associate with. We don't ban it of course, I'm just thinking of your experience

MB

Soldato
its going to be so hard to not call people by their OCUK forum nick names :D

u can put me down on the definate list imho, aslong as someone reminds me at the time. No way i will miss out on beating Gilly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom