The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
cyKey said:
I would say its roomier than most places I've been. Definetly roomier than say Baracuda or Zanzibar. Theres a dedicated dance area on each floor by the DJ, and then plenty of space on the side of it near the seats. Then you can move down half a level and chillout there.

Oh yeah forgot about the chillout area bit :)

The worst packed place imo is Yates in Queens Square hate it in there. Baracuda is always jam packed too.

Soldato
LynnieLeigh said:
Oh yeah forgot about the chillout area bit :)

The worst packed place imo is Yates in Queens Square hate it in there. Baracuda is always jam packed too.
Ive never been anywhere more packed than le bateau.
I really could not move on either floors. Walked into the dancefloor and couldnt get out!

Associate
OP
Jenjey said:
You'll take the heat if you survived chicagos.
It really depends on how many go. Like, we walked past there on saturday night and it was just manic. Queue was really long and people were coming out sweating buckets!
As haly said, take a few breathers if it gets bad, or we could go somewhere else Im sure hunny.

Another thing I've found with the Krazyhouse is the warmer outside the worse inside. In February I think it will be better :)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
If it all gets too hot there are inter-mezzanine floors to chill out on, one usually plays videos and stuff, one has pool tables and the other is just a plain old seating area (but is the biggest).

Piggymon, it is smaller than Time in Swansea, but is about the same level of crammedness - if you survived that, then you will be fine :)

Soldato
LynnieLeigh said:
Baracuda is always jam packed too.

Yer if you go in and sit by the end its ok, but it takes like 5 mins to find the bar and another 5 mins to get through the crowds. Still, you do get up close and personal with the ladies ;)

Soldato
If i'm back from uni, I'll be up for this, since i live here i might as well drop by and meet all these people in person ;). Sounds like it'll be an excellent night, some great places chosen there :). Hopefully i can better my pool skills whilst at uni :D

Soldato
Thanks Jodie & Haly , I always feel a little stupid when I have one and I feel like I'm messing a night up if I have one when I'm out :/

There's a pub in Braintree called The Bull and it's open until about 2am .. It's rampacked and the ceilings are really low .. I've yet to survive longer than 20 mins in there and I have to just get the hell out and I hate myself for dragging Demso out early :(

One of the main problems is that I'm so short , everyone is shoulder height to me so if I'm in a crowd and can't move I can't see anything apart from people's shoulders and it's then I really go funny :/

As long as there is somewhere I can sit without feeling like a sardine I'll be fine :D

Thanks everyone :)

Man of Honour
creature said:
He got me dancing in Essex, and that's something no-one has done before. It's very hard to avoid his influence.
Likewise, but I'm glad I did, albeit briefly. :eek: :)

I've had to get out of places more than once because it's too hot or I can't sit down. So far I've had to do that at two out of three meets involving clubs (Kent and London), and also a non-club event.

It's not claustrophobia that gets me - I can't see far enough to worry about things like that. If I get too hot, I start with the dizzyness and nausea. Fortunately I've never collapsed, but did get close on one occasion. Now I always take the warning signs and get out first.

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Thanks Jodie & Haly , I always feel a little stupid when I have one and I feel like I'm messing a night up if I have one when I'm out :/

There's a pub in Braintree called The Bull and it's open until about 2am .. It's rampacked and the ceilings are really low .. I've yet to survive longer than 20 mins in there and I have to just get the hell out and I hate myself for dragging Demso out early :(

One of the main problems is that I'm so short , everyone is shoulder height to me so if I'm in a crowd and can't move I can't see anything apart from people's shoulders and it's then I really go funny :/

As long as there is somewhere I can sit without feeling like a sardine I'll be fine :D

Thanks everyone :)

I'm pretty much the same in hot cramped spaces (so much so that I feinted at a U2 gig a few weeks ago) but as long as I can get out of the crowd for a while I'm ok.

Associate
OP
Piggymon said:

Davey said he'll put you on his shoulders ;) :D

Soldato
Jenjey said:
Interested!? Phil you live here now move it.
Besides, you know Im full of fun, so you must come!

Haha, oui mademoiselle, you are fun!

Our little mini-meet was good fun and so this one might be better. Problem is, I'm not much of a "go to some place by myself and meet lots of strangers" type of person :(.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom