The OcUK Summer BBQ Meet-Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The OcUK Summer BBQ Meet-Detail

The OcUK Summer BBQ Meet

Ladies and Gentleman, the OcUK Social Committee presents the 2005 Summer BBQ and Camping event.

Date: 5-8th August 2005

Location: Matblack's Parent’s Farmhouse, St Petrox, nr Pembroke in Pembrokeshire, Wales

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....&local=&kw=&srec=0&mapsize=big&db=freegaz&rt=

This event will be a long weekend of camping with various events including a possible Mexican themed evening for people who arrive on Friday (My dad has offered to cook you a huge Chilli :)) bring Sol, lime and Tequila!, a visit to Oakwood theme park to experience their crystal maze attraction (anyone want to dress up as Richard O’Brian?) and maybe bowling too (www.oakwood-leisure.co.uk)

There will also be visits to the local beaches which are beautiful and surfing for those who dare (Roberta ;)), pub visits (of course) and drinking/ BBQ in the evenings.

Accommodation will be in one of two places.

Depending on numbers we may be able to accommodate everyone camping in the garden at my parent’s farm.

However, if we have too many attendees this will not be possible and those members who have previously been to a meet will have priority on the accommodation here. This is my parent’s property and I will have the final say on this. If numbers get too great I will make a judgement call and you may be reassigned to the commercial campsite.

There is a camp site literally 50 yards away which has showers and other amenities, the number for which will be posted soon, you will need to book sooner rather than later if you are camping here. Those staying at the farmhouse will only have one toilet and shower so you can see why we need to draw some line somewhere ;). Even if you do need to camp elsewhere you will still have access to the farmhouse and won’t miss a thing.

We have access to a BBQ and potentially some shelter if it rains really badly (it doesn’t tend to rain for very long in Pembrokeshire, weather changes quickly though so there may be some rain). This also means you will need a good quality tent, no field camps made of black plastic bags!

It will be tough for anyone to come along who doesn’t want to camp, there are probably B&Bs in Pembroke but we’re not going to conduct research for you, plus you’ll have trouble getting back to the town afterwards if you are drinking in the evenings. So if you can’t cope with roughing it then maybe you should reconsider.

We’ll find a local farm shop which does really nice organic meat for the BBQ and there are supermarkets nearby, however this IS a remote location and we won’t be able to walk to shops in the day or pubs in the evening, we’ll need to drive to places stock up on beers and then drink in the garden (no bad thing).

If you would like to take part in this event please post your interest, ask questions and add any suggestions for other activities here.

Please Note: this event will be taking place at least partially on private property we hope you will have fun and make yourselves at home however please treat the place with consideration and make sure it is left as you found it, we know you will.

(As usual this is an over 18s meet for the usual reasons of safety and the duty of responsibility which would be placed on those attending to look after minors.).

This event will involve camping, there are no B&Bs within walking distance, if you are not comfortable under canvas you may want to reconsider.

You must bring cold weather gear, I cannot stress this enough, it gets cold in Pembs even in the summer and we're near the sea so if its a clear day it may well be freezing at night. It might rain too, so come prepared and hopefully it will be bright and sunny all weekend.

MB

Additonal:

Mexican night is all systems go on the Friday!

Blankets are compulsory a la Clint Eastwood in Fist Full of Dollars, cheroots and sombreros will be optional. You will need to bring Mexican beer and any Mexican based snacks and extras you can think of. Some people have kindly offered (under duress) to make pinatas which we can tie to the tree and beat the bejesus out of with a stick.

There will be chilli provided by the 'rents, veggie chilli will also be available for the muchachas and those with más pequeño testículos.

We will look to firm up the plans for the Saturday and Sunday soon so watch this space.

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Coming through hell or high water

1 Matblack & (NB)
2 Wild Lotus (NB)

3 Otacon
4 Freefaller

5 & 6 Pigmo (this entity counts as 2 people)
7 Haly
8 BigStan

9 Gilly

10 Feek

11 Andy100

12 Tiggy (NB)
13 8 I3all

14 HardHuddy

15 Rancidelephant

16 creature (NB)

17 Steeps

18 SadGeek
19 Baddass
20 MikeHunt79uk
21 Berserker

22 & 23 LopKat = 2

24 hilly

25 Sneakypenguin

26 Zirax

27 & 28 JhaDur & Takhisis

29 NickK

30 Garp

31 & 32 The Flibsters (2)

33 Seraphim

34 Hybrids +1

35 DRZ

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Baddass said:
wow, what an offer Matt.

Its camping at my parents house NOT proper under cover accomodation :D, just thought I would make that clear.

They have plenty of land and it doesn't cost them anything to let us camp there. But they are very generous and Dad's Chilli will be good

MB

Soldato
OP
IMGP2055.JPG

This will be compulsary attire

(blatently stolen from the net, I have no idea who this man is :D but I like his style!)

MB

Soldato
OP
MNuTz said:
isnt it legal to drink beer on private property as long as your not being sold it?

Thats not the issue, this is:

(As usual this is an over 18s meet for the usual reasons of safety and the duty of responsibility which would be placed on those attending to look after minors.)

I spend enough of my life doing youth work and I'm not going to take on a legal duty during my free time nor are any of the other members of the group including my parents, who could theoretically be liable if some junior decides to prang themselves

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm actually expecting a number of people not to be able to make Friday, else my old man will be making Chilli in a dustbin or a saucepan!

Friday will be planed as a take it easy get together and Saturday will be more of a party day, followed by a take it easy Sunday when I suspect some people will be making a move so we will have a quieter Sunday night.

Yes coming for just a the weekend is fine and late notice is fine, however the commercial campsite will need booking in advance, I'm not offering to do this as most campsites disaprove of larger groups so individual bookings would be prudent.

If you must go to a B&B then have a look in Pembroke however you will need to get a taxi back from St Petrox as the village consists of my parents place, the campsite and a church!

MB

Soldato
OP
Front Page Updated

Matblack said:
Coming through hell or high water
Matblack & Wild Lotus
Otacon
Pigmo (this entity counts as 2 people)
Gilly
Feek
Andy100

Expressing an interest
creature
Baddass
Freefaller
Jenjey
Morba
Devo
BrenOS
Chopper Dave
Belmit
MNuTz
-westy-
Hangtime
HardHuddy (Jessie)
AcidHell2 (Saturday/ Sunday)

(Members in Italics are assured of a place to pitch their tent at the farmhouse)

EDIT: Ahhhhh I notice all the text in a quote is in italics, very sneeky! check the FP for the proper allocation list!

MB

Soldato
OP
rotters said:
ok matblack i humbley appologise for misspelling your name, now can i be put on the list please?????????????

no one up for car sharing from southampton?

Rotters

Done, have also added benneh

Come on people lets have some serious commitment :)
I'd like to add some more people to the definates list

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Andy100 said:
Just a thought Mat but I take it there's enough room there to park all the cars too?

My little MR2 doesn't do well parked in muddy fields, I'll never get it out!

If not we could all arrange to meet up and minibus it up there.
We have room for 10 cars at M&Ds and I am sure the campsite has enough parking

MB

Soldato
OP
Right, I have updated the list on the first page. I am now waiting for details of the campsite so I can post them (I'll phone dad tonight).

Those people who are not listed in itallics MUST start thinking about booking space at the commercial campsite. Pembroke is a touristy area and campsites get booked up in advance as I have said I will post details soon.

Its best that we don't rush the campsite though and DO NOT tell them you are part of a big group UNLESS I post that dad has spoken to the farmer and he says its OK. Some campsites do not like large groups of people, I'll get dad to have a word and ask him if is it OK to have a larger group over there if we PROMISE to keep the party at my parents house, but untill I get the all clear be very cagey if you do book.

It looks like we have a lot of interest (but, not meaning to insult anyone) we know there will be drop outs. Please post ASAP if you can't make it and also if you want to be moved from the 'well thats a nice idea I'll express an interest' section to the 'I've bought a tent and insect repellant and nothing bar an earthquake will stop me now' section.

I now have 15 for the farm so unless you hear otherwise we are fully booked there and all further applicants are at the campsite.

MB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom