The OCUK Whisky (and Whiskey) review thread

Soldato
Got bought a bottle of Jack Daniels Sinatra select for my 30th. Had it a few years ago and it was lovely but could never justify the cost of the bottle with how quick I used to get through them. Saving this for 'special occasions'

2OZTwKo.jpg

Permabanned
Soldato
Off to my mates whiskey get together tonight.

Arran vs Balblair so should be interesting.
4 of each from past years, the youngest being a 10yr old. I think Balblair will edge out the young whippersnapper that is Arran.

Soldato
Picked up the Dalmore King Alexander III, a Laphroig PX Cask & a Chivas Regal Ultis as we went through Duty Free last week.
Not allowed the Dalmore or Chivas until Christmas though :(

FTM

FTM

Soldato
port ellen and brora distilleries are to be re-opened

great news if you like lightly peated malts and you have 10 or so years to wait!

and my latest purchases on my way back from Oban

the Benrinnes is a good all rounder and I have had it before, the Dailuanie is very sherried and amazingly smooth
the arran is a new one on me, finished in amerone casks and bottled at 50%, no age statement but reviewers reckon its about 9 years old after its second cask

37607018752_c035c935c3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Off to Wemyss Bay end of the month so we're going to call at the Glengoyne distillery to pick up a bottle or 2 of the good stuff, I've been looking at the 21 & 25 yr olds and not sure which to get.

Man of Honour
Picked up the Dalmore King Alexander III, a Laphroig PX Cask & a Chivas Regal Ultis as we went through Duty Free last week.
Not allowed the Dalmore or Chivas until Christmas though :(

nice selection there, even if your not allowed the Dalmore till christmas its certainly something worth looking forward to - crazy layers of flavour and richness in it

Soldato
Anyone know if this Tesco deal is likely to be in store also? https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/promotions/A32281449

I'm after a new bottle, I've currently got nothing in the house :eek: My current wishlist is looking a bit like this so any recommendations along those lines would be appreciated? I like smooth, creamy, vanilla-y flavours. No smoke or peat!

Auchentoshan 12
Glenmorangie Original 10
Glenrothes Vintage Reserve
Hudson Manhattan Rye
Cardhu 12
Ancnoc 12
Four Roses Small Batch
Aberlour 12 (non chill filtered)
Aberfeldy 12
Dalwhinnie 15

Man of Honour
Went on a tour of the Adnams distillery over the weekend and felt it rude not to pick up a bottle of their newly released rye - tried some in the shop and it was much smoother than the ryes i've had in the past, will almost exclusively be for old fashioned duties though :)

HghTWdRl.jpg

Soldato
Well they finally arrived after waiting nearly a month for the preorder on Cotswold, didn't help that they got delivered to god knows where yesterday and had to wait for Fedex to get it to me today.

HNnQ8uG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom