Poll: *** The official 2021 14" and 16" Macbook Pro thread (it has an SD slot and everything!) ***

Will you be buying a new MacBook Pro

• Yes, 14"

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Yes, 16"

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 47.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
If you have an m1 variant it just isn’t worth getting the m2 version. The faster Wi-Fi I’m sure would be great for the 3 seconds a day you need the boost and the extra power from the CPU would be noticeable when rendering something out with a stop watch but given those are the only changes, I can’t see why anyone would buy it who already has the 2021 model.

The price isn’t great but it does have proper hdmi now..

Base 16” is up £200 and the base 14” is up a whopping £250!! That was a memory or SSD upgrade before plus change from that £250 with the 14” which arguably made the devices a better investment than these new ones.

Apple needs a rethink in the UK.

Associate
If you have an m1 variant it just isn’t worth getting the m2 version.
Unless your company is buying it or you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, the M1 is easily better value, and you can use the change to get more memory or storage.

While stocks last.

Soldato
If you have an m1 variant it just isn’t worth getting the m2 version. The faster Wi-Fi I’m sure would be great for the 3 seconds a day you need the boost and the extra power from the CPU would be noticeable when rendering something out with a stop watch but given those are the only changes, I can’t see why anyone would buy it who already has the 2021 model.

The price isn’t great but it does have proper hdmi now..

Base 16” is up £200 and the base 14” is up a whopping £250!! That was a memory or SSD upgrade before plus change from that £250 with the 14” which arguably made the devices a better investment than these new ones.

Apple needs a rethink in the UK.
Definitely glad I bought my M1 Pro 16 when I did, paid ~£1900 at launch through TheEdustore.
It was bought with the intention of keeping it for 4-5 years minimum so the way things are going currently that’s looking pretty likely.

Soldato
Surprised that Apple didn't do something more significant in terms of aesthetics, just to give people FOMO. Even Midnight would've swung it for people, I think.

As it is the M2 is exactly the same externally. I can either drop £4100+ (with EDU discount) on a M2 Max, or get the same one through the refurb store for ~£3299 - when back in stock. No brainer.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Even if I purchased through the discount at work, I’d still have been paying more than the refurb store.

Was a no brainier for me. Hopefully I can sell the iMac for a good price. They seem to be holding values well.
Yea rumour is the iMac isn’t being refreshed until Q4.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
M1 14 MBP bargain via Apple Refurb.

£1,459.00

;)

Back
Top Bottom