Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

The new M2 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
Bagged an M2 1TB 12.9 for £1450 as my friend picked one up in NY. The price difference is pretty shocking compared to here.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are there any gothyas when getting a wifi only iPad Pro from the US? Mrs is off to San Fran this weekend and Washington next month and my 2018 Pro whilst still fully functional, has a crack running accross the screen so I'm half tempted to replace it.

Soldato
Are there any gothyas when getting a wifi only iPad Pro from the US? Mrs is off to San Fran this weekend and Washington next month and my 2018 Pro whilst still fully functional, has a crack running accross the screen so I'm half tempted to replace it.

Nope, none at all.

Only problem is you won’t be covered if anything goes wrong with it.
Check out Mac index to see which model you want as for the 11” pro 128gb there’s only £2 a difference in price so you’re better off just buying it in the UK for piece of mind as the exchange rate is absolutely garbage at the moment. Thanks Torres

Soldato
Nope, none at all.

Only problem is you won’t be covered if anything goes wrong with it.
Check out Mac index to see which model you want as for the 11” pro 128gb there’s only £2 a difference in price so you’re better off just buying it in the UK for piece of mind as the exchange rate is absolutely garbage at the moment. Thanks Torres

Isn't Apple warranty global?

I've not had issues in the past, but I recognise things may have changed

Also, how have you managed to make this a post about politics?...

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't Apple warranty global?

I've not had issues in the past, but I recognise things may have changed

Also, how have you managed to make this a post about politics?...

No. They aren’t global, only in the country the country they are purchased from. Although it’s covered in the EU if bought in the EU.

And sorry couldn’t help myself annoys me the current state of our country.

Worth noting as well, you can’t claim sales tax back in cali when your wife leaves.

Soldato
No. They aren’t global, only in the country the country they are purchased from. Although it’s covered in the EU if bought in the EU.

And sorry couldn’t help myself annoys me the current state of our country.

Worth noting as well, you can’t claim sales tax back in cali when your wife leaves.

Apple suggest differently:

Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. Apple may use Apple Products or replacement parts for service that are sourced from a country that is different from the country from which the Apple Product or original parts were sourced. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Product and parts that comply with local standards.

Source: https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html

Soldato
Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the new (I say new but I know it's been out for over a year at this point) Logitech Combo keyboard case for the 12.9 Pro?
I have been given an almost blank cheque from work to purchase a 12.9 iPad Pro and a keyboard case - I have been given permission to pick up the Apple Magic Keyboard case so money/budget is not an issue.
However, as an owner of the 2020 Air with Magic Keyboard Case I have grown a little tired of the lack of ergonomics. Don't get me wrong, I have heaped praise on the MK and fully appreciate it is the best such accessory on the market, but as I say, I really do think I would make more use of the more versatile Logitech Combo. I use the iPad in sidecar quite often and in these instances I think the kickstand would come into its own.

Caporegime
So I've seen reports of OLED iPad Pro's coming next year possibly but my immediate thought was that was an inferior technology to what's in the Pros now. I guess not. Is it along the lines of micro LED > OLED > mini LED then?

Last edited:
Soldato
So I've seen reports of OLED iPad Pro's coming next year possibly but my immediate thought was that was an inferior technology to what's in the Pros now. I guess not. Is it along the lines of micro LED > OLED > mini LED then?
That appears to be the case yes. FWIW, I personally wouldn’t (and didn’t) let the potential of OLED iPad Pros put anyone off buying a Pro now if they are in the market for one.
The mini-led is a massive step up from the standard LCD and to be honest I can’t see how the screen could get noticeably better from here. My iPhone is OLED and I wouldn’t say it is better than the M2 iPad Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloody scratched mine, fine scratch in the glass..
Might see if I can get a protector on it that hides it, its not visible when the iPads on but I know its there..

Must have been something on my microfiber cloth... :balls:

Soldato
Bloody scratched mine, fine scratch in the glass..
Might see if I can get a protector on it that hides it, its not visible when the iPads on but I know its there..

Must have been something on my microfiber cloth... :balls:
You are supposed to get an screen protector before the scratch not after :D

Soldato
I had one, but got a tiny thin dog hair under it during installation, so took it off and just hadn't gotten around to replacing it...
Goes against all those 'dont buy a cover for it' crowd.

Back
Top Bottom