Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

The new M2 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Has there been any Very credit deals on these?

I'm starting to favour the larger of the two due to the display, although I did try an M1 version out for a few weeks and I did struggle with the size (ooh err) but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I'm starting to favour the larger of the two due to the display, although I did try an M1 version out for a few weeks and I did struggle with the size (ooh err) but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

Very don't usually run offers on new devices, takes a little while for them to appear. Will probably be something like £100 or 10% back on your credit account eventually.

Soldato
With owning both a 11 & 12.9 for a year i would still have a huge problem with which one if i had to choose only one size

Love the 12.9 with MK for using around the house.
But mainly grab the 11" when am going out to places in the car or on the motorbike

Then again i mainly only use them for browsing the internet and watching youtube :o:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato

You can usually get deals from Apple using Barclays, or used to be able to anyway, failing that Amazon where you can get 0% over a 5 month period, or somewhere that does Paypal credit if credit is the route you really want to go down.
Personally I've got the money to buy outright but would rather get it over whatever term that I can get 0% on and leave the money in my bank rather than giving it all to someone else if I can get 0%...

Man of Honour
Yeah same, I normally pay up front for phones etc but with savings accounts offering the interest rates they are, if I can take advantage of 0% then I absolutely will.

Soldato
Bought a new iPad Pro 12.9" and sold my iPad 9.7" 32GB Wi-Fi only 6th Generation for £95. A fair price considering the small dent pictured.

a996kS8.jpg

Soldato
Having had my Pro11 for a while now, i think, given its a 'Pro' device, if I plug it into my laptop dock I should be able to see my second monitor and stuff like that, would be nice...

Soldato
Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong then, or it doesn't like my dock.
The ethernet port shows up but nothing else.

Is there anything specific you need to do to enable it?

Soldato
Does it automatically for me. I dont use a dock or anything.

Erm, I've specifically said when I plug into my laptop dock that my iPad doesn't show my second screen as my laptop would, you;ve just said it does it automatically for you, and then that you don't use a dock or anything...

Which one of us is confused here lol

Soldato
Erm, I've specifically said when I plug into my laptop dock that my iPad doesn't show my second screen as my laptop would, you;ve just said it does it automatically for you, and then that you don't use a dock or anything...

Which one of us is confused here lol
Well when you say “dock” what are you referring to?
iPads will connect to external monitor via USB-C although the non ‘M’ iPads are limited to basic screen mirroring rather than a separate display.

Soldato
My laptops dock, Dell D6000, it picks up the ethernet straight away, I didn't test the USB ports for removable media, but screen mirroring/second screen would be nice, would certainly make it a bit more useful for work type stuff, although its main job will be media consumption.

Soldato
I don't know anything about that Dell Dock, I just use a thunderbolt cable and connect my 2018 iPad Pro to my Studio Display, I can't do external display, but can do mirrored.

I suspect the issue is the dock.

Soldato
I made an impulse purchase not too long ago a bought a 12.9” iPad Pro, hoping to replace my 2015 MacBook Pro.

So far, with the added keyboard (and an SD card adapter) it’s very much doing the job. I’m not sure will tax the M2 chip (on an iPad at least) but it cruises through Lightroom editing, and multitasking.

Hopefully it’ll last quite some years!

Soldato
I made an impulse purchase not too long ago a bought a 12.9” iPad Pro, hoping to replace my 2015 MacBook Pro.

So far, with the added keyboard (and an SD card adapter) it’s very much doing the job. I’m not sure will tax the M2 chip (on an iPad at least) but it cruises through Lightroom editing, and multitasking.

Hopefully it’ll last quite some years!

I done the same, i replaced my mid 2014 with the iPad m1. Amazing bit of kit. I love it. Theres only a few things that i need to do on My laptop - like today i have a 360 learning and it just doesn’t work to great on the iPad and they kind of force you into using chrome. I‘ve gotten to the stage where I just battle through. I simply can’t be bothered carrying both my iPad and mbp around with me.

I think developers on the whole should be starting to aim more stuff for the tablet/smartphone device and more and more people are doing/trying to do everything on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom