• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Associate
I bought the 5800x recently and I have buyer's remorse. For one people are getting them for £310-£335 and secondly I keep thinking I should have waited for the 5900x to come back into stock or just got the 10900k at a similar price instead. All round use but primarily for gaming at 1440p, with a mixture of cpu bound and gpu bound titles.

Caporegime
I bought the 5800x recently and I have buyer's remorse. For one people are getting them for £310-£335 and secondly I keep thinking I should have waited for the 5900x to come back into stock or just got the 10900k at a similar price instead. All round use but primarily for gaming at 1440p, with a mixture of cpu bound and gpu bound titles.

5900X i get if you do some productivity work too, the extra 4 cores will help with that, the 10900K i don't get, if you're GPU bound its the same for gaming, its overall the same for productivity while using about twice the power and costs more.

I paid £440 for mine, and £115 on a cooler that's complete overkill for it, a £50 Air cooler would have done just as good a job, i have a bit of kicking my self with the cooler but i have accepted it for what it is, the CPU i don't regret, i knew i was probably overpaying for it but i wanted it when i got it, and yeah i overpaid.

Its quite obviously overkill for my GPU, and no doubt my next GPU, but after several years of having CPU's that are (Enough) it feels good for a change to have a CPU that's top draw. No regrets :)

Caporegime
I was gaming pretty much all day today under very heavy load (modded Witcher 3 at 4k120hz, holy crap it looks so friggen stunning) with an all core OC of 4550mhz @ 1.26v and my rig is absolutely 100% rock solid stable. The temps are also reasonable, without the crazy temp and voltage spikes like when I used PBO and I didn't have much luck with voltage offset stability. I may try tweaking again in future but for now it's running smoothly and I don't want to change that.

Considering there is also an RTX3090 in the case, the max CPU temp that it hit was pretty reasonable at 82c. The GPU maxed out at around 72c. Considering I have been using very average hardware for the last decade or so it's so nice to be able to finally just enjoy gaming now with a stable rig that will play anything I throw at it with no compromises. The 5800x does the job very well. :)

Soldato
I was gaming pretty much all day today under very heavy load (modded Witcher 3 at 4k120hz, holy crap it looks so friggen stunning) with an all core OC of 4550mhz @ 1.26v and my rig is absolutely 100% rock solid stable. The temps are also reasonable, without the crazy temp and voltage spikes like when I used PBO and I didn't have much luck with voltage offset stability. I may try tweaking again in future but for now it's running smoothly and I don't want to change that.

Considering there is also an RTX3090 in the case, the max CPU temp that it hit was pretty reasonable at 82c. The GPU maxed out at around 72c. Considering I have been using very average hardware for the last 5 years it's so nice to be able to just enjoy gaming now with a stable rig that will play anything I throw at it. :)

That sounds like a cracking setup.
Looking forward to getting my 5800x back and get it fitted.

Caporegime
That sounds like a cracking setup.
Looking forward to getting my 5800x back and get it fitted.
Cheers mate I am very happy with it. I can't say I was planned to have either a 5800x or RTX3090 as I really wanted a 5900x and RTX3080, but it is what it is and luckily I didn't get burnt with the GPU.

Soldato
Seen the 10700k is down to £300. 5800x still over £400 everywhere I can see. Is there anything to justify £100 more?

I'm was holding for the 11 series intel to be released before my upgrade but this seems a good price

Caporegime
Seen the 10700k is down to £300. 5800x still over £400 everywhere I can see. Is there anything to justify £100 more?

I'm was holding for the 11 series intel to be released before my upgrade but this seems a good price
I suggest to go and read reviews and benchmarks comparing them and make your own mind up if the extra 100 is worth it to you.

Caporegime
£1250 for a 3090. That is a price to be proud of for sure. When did you get it?
Well, believe it or not in early February I was just Googling various 3080 and 3090 models as part of my daily stock levels check when I saw a search result for a product page on my local online store, which had several weeks earlier "hidden" all 3080 and 3090 pages so you couldn't find them while browsing from inside the store (as demand was so overwhelming and they didn't want any more orders).

Well, on this hidden page that I was able to access via the Google search link, a "customer returned" product had just been added to the system for that comparatively very low price, so I was like zomgwtffffffff and immediately called the store to order and they confirmed it on the phone. I then got it a coupl eof days later in new condition and immediately registered it for the 4 year warranty.

Very random and an incredible stroke of luck... guess I must have had a little bit of good karma in reserve! :eek: :D

Caporegime
There doesn't seem to be much in it gaming wise but wanted other people's opinions.

Start by weigh up the % actual performance difference vs the % actual difference in costs. The AMD will perform better and is a bit more power efficient but it's still quite a hot CPU and the AM4 platform is also going to be end of life soon. However, at least you can pop a 16 core Zen3 CPU in there in a couple of years if yo uneed more juice, whereas its unlikely you will be able to do the same with Intel if you buy an 11700. :)

Associate
Well, believe it or not in early February I was just Googling various 3080 and 3090 models as part of my daily stock levels check when I saw a search result for a product page on my local online store, which had several weeks earlier "hidden" all 3080 and 3090 pages so you couldn't find them while browsing from inside the store (as demand was so overwhelming and they didn't want any more orders).

Well, on this hidden page that I was able to access via the Google search link, a "customer returned" product had just been added to the system for that comparatively very low price, so I was like zomgwtffffffff and immediately called the store to order and they confirmed it on the phone. I then got it a coupl eof days later in new condition and immediately registered it for the 4 year warranty.

Very random and an incredible stroke of luck... guess I must have had a little bit of good karma in reserve! :eek: :D

That is pretty lucky, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom