• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Associate
Woo-Hoo!!

Finally had my shipping email. Didn't think I'd get it in this batch!

Been mulling over an AIO to replace my NH-D15 which is just so massive, but good! I'd best get my mind made up :)

Please do a run of Cinebench R23 to compare settings etc...

I can do this when I rebuild, probably the weekend before I get the time. Will be completely stock mind, apart from XMP.

Associate
5600x
single 1554p with surfing and youtube in the background.
pbo 250mhz so boost to 4900mhz light load.
gaming usually see 4800mhz
good temps, happy with it

Associate
Here's my R23 and R20 results didn't bother with SC just yet. 5800x is PBO, RAM well you can see that :p Case fans at 50% and NH-D15 at 1200RPM at 80c.

tCAOwVq
6IUve8q
j91gk5f.png
wEp8t4a

wIxAASW.png
tCAOwVq
nJOywiI
R9uJsou

EDIT 2: My images weren't loading due to the forum code being in capitals it would seem lol?

Last edited:
Associate
Im getting 75c on my 5600x (idle) with the stock cooler lol, is that normal? im waiting on a aio atm.

I got mine this week but still waiting on some new case fans and some eye candy stuff...

got trigger happy and got it all up and running... ran Assassins Creed and it went through the roof, nearly 100..

any way pulled it all out installed some case fans properly, its now idling at 35 and wont go past 70 while running the game.

All on the stock cooler

Associate
75c idle :eek:
Are you sure there’s a cooler on there?
Really though, it must not be seated right, has no paste / way too much or your pc is in a sauna

Haha ye thats what im thinking, i got the bundle with the cooler pre installed so i decided to just wait till i get my aio, i think they scuffed it, my case is pretty alright.

Soldato
Haha ye thats what im thinking, i got the bundle with the cooler pre installed so i decided to just wait till i get my aio, i think they scuffed it, my case is pretty alright.
Cooler pre installed in a bundle and 70c idle!? It must have either been knocked about in transit and become loose / fallen off or built by monkeys

Associate
Did you take the plastic off before mounting it?

haha like i said, the cooler was on mobo upon arrival (pic), i wasn't expecting it so soon, otherwise i would have removed the cooler, im still waiting for the cooler from OCUK (Lian Li AIO), till then i have been using the stock cooler! I was going to reapply it myself but i ran out of thermal paste (give the remains to a friend).

My guess is they did a poor job at applying it, case airflow is not bad as my 3080 alone is 30c idle haha, im just going to leave it till i get my cooler hopefully in a week or two.

Soldato
My 5600x just turned up today, will do some tests later (along with my new rx6800 that is arriving in about an hour - woo!).

Soldato
My single core is OK but the multi seems low? I noticed it would boost up to 4750 in single, but when testing multi it never seemed to go over 4-4.1 on all cores.

Everything is set to standard, x570 tomahawk, 32GB 3600 CL18.

Do I need to play with PBO?

Caporegime
My single core is OK but the multi seems low? I noticed it would boost up to 4750 in single, but when testing multi it never seemed to go over 4-4.1 on all cores.

Yes, if you want higher all core frequency. At stock your performance is right where it should be.

Soldato

What are temps like as the all core does seem low, should be boosting to around 4.5-4.6 all core at stock.

Back
Top Bottom