• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5900X \5950X owners thread***

Associate
Did again mounting everything 4th time,temps are idling around 35-40,load around 75c,with -18 all cores,BUT now 5900x forgot to exit from load again :) two times exiting the game was okay temps goes down very quicky,but cine23 is a pain both MC and SC after benchm. is finish and app is close he continue to have high core clock and temps,againg only way to make them down is to fire up task manager...then goes to 35c for about 5mins and then fire up to 66-70 for now reason,and it not going down again after i open task manager.

Does cpu pasting/mounting did take some time to settle with everything like few days or something?

Last edited:
Associate
Normally takes a couple of power cycles for paste to settle, your temps sound about right for the chip. Whats the CPU load like when the temps are going back up, if you look at task manager are you seeing anything using the CPU?

Associate
I know temps are fine,but for me is concerning scenario after load is finished.

1) Or goes down for 5 minutes, and while idle shoots to 65-70 in a sec and stays there until i open T.Manager

2) Or after load its just lower temp few deg. And stays there with same clocks like in the game or slightly lower,and again stays hot in idle until i open T.manager

There is nothing high or very high process in T.m everyhing is very low mark.

I dont think anyone have this problem.

Last edited:
Associate
@ianh

The photo that i posted with question for 3000/5000 offset moounting is wrong,check arctic rev.4 tutorial,on photo is standard am4 mounting,and if you did it like in the picture you have too standard am4 mounting set up,i realize that yesterday and change it,but again im on constant "long peaks" while idle.

Associate
@Vigorito

If you're happy with the CPU mount and temps, have you tried running default BIOS settings, pehaps with just XMP loaded and checked temp behaviour. And what power plan are you running in Windows, to me if temps aren't going down until you open taskmanager and the CPU isn't under any load it's almost sounds as if either the CPU isn't downclocking or shutting off the cores when idle.

Associate
There is a new chipset driver for 5000 series for x570 with yesterday date,im testing it now all stock seems the new driver is fix all my problems

Revision Number
File Size
50 MB
Release Date
8/23/2021

Associate
I decided to go only with curve optimizer for tweaking the cpu,currenty im testing around -20 and -25 per core since max stable all core negative curve optimizer offset is -20,idle and gaming temps are okay,i just dont get it how on stock settings in cine23 multicore temps are around 70c and with -20 with negative curve offset cpu is hitting 89-90 all the time,is this program cine23 really valid for testing multicore stability since few times while testing gives me for all 9minutes stable results 4600-4650ghz,and after i test same per core setting in gaming my pc did a restart in the middle of the game,so i check event viewer and saw its a processor error maybe i should stop using cine23 for testing does anyone use core recycler?

Associate
I decided to go only with curve optimizer for tweaking the cpu,currenty im testing around -20 and -25 per core since max stable all core negative curve optimizer offset is -20,idle and gaming temps are okay,i just dont get it how on stock settings in cine23 multicore temps are around 70c and with -20 with negative curve offset cpu is hitting 89-90 all the time,is this program cine23 really valid for testing multicore stability since few times while testing gives me for all 9minutes stable results 4600-4650ghz,and after i test same per core setting in gaming my pc did a restart in the middle of the game,so i check event viewer and saw its a processor error maybe i should stop using cine23 for testing does anyone use core recycler?
What's happening by turning on PBO to allow curve optimizer is you allow beyond the default power. As in if set to Motherboard normally a min of 200w so lower end boards and on better boards to 5950x will pull over 250W. This is why the temps are so high. Use HWINFO 64 when running CD23 and it will show you the power its using.

Associate
What you mean by turning PBO on? Its turn on allready i can not use curve optimizer with pbo off,i just select advanced and other 4 settings are auto (pbo limits,pbo scalar,max cpu boost,thermal throttle limit),in games i have restarts every 10min in event viewer i saw core 0 is a problem so i lower it now to -15,still dont get it how this core 0 is working on -20 an all core in Curve optomizer but per core isnt :)

Associate
What you mean by turning PBO on? Its turn on allready i can not use curve optimizer with pbo off,i just select advanced and other 4 settings are auto (pbo limits,pbo scalar,max cpu boost,thermal throttle limit),in games i have restarts every 10min in event viewer i saw core 0 is a problem so i lower it now to -15,still dont get it how this core 0 is working on -20 an all core in Curve optomizer but per core isnt :)
I know that's your issue. I've just done 2 days testing on my 3rd 5950x.
Set it to manual and just use 140/140/140. It will be locked to 140w limit then and your temps will be far less. You'll lose multi core performance but single core will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom