• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5900X \5950X owners thread***

Associate
@ianh last question about mounting

How hard did you apply pressure on the last four screws for block,in video the guy is doing with a bare hands,in paper document they are doing it with screwdriver

Associate
Reading this thread is clear to me that people with good temps have restricted the performance of the CPU by one way or the other.

70c on load during Cinebench is fine, the CPU generally jumps around. 30-40 c at idle is fine.

It's good for 90c according to the AMD spec sheet afterall...

OK, I'm missing something then. I get the temps you suggest are good - max of 72c on a run of Cinebench just now.

I have done some tuning, but only using curve optimiser to undervolt slightly (but left PBO at stock). So far as I can tell, the net result of which is slightly higher single core boost clocks (which is what I'd expected from other posts on here).

But that's an enhancement to performance, not a restriction?

So I'm confused now. I get good temps, but didn't think I'd restricted performance (the scores from the run above roughly matched the "Stock" results in the benchmark thread here).

Man of Honour
I gave up trying to control my temps, with an X73 running at 75% fans and 100% pump, with BIOS settings at stock, so PBO on...I get around 82-85 in long gaming session, can creep as high as 90 for a second or so before dropping back down. I've tried reapplying paste, reseating etc so many times.

So now I just run a 0.1v undervolt and PBO off, and sit at around 75 during long stints in game. My Cinebench scores were unaffected, all within a few points of each other, so it seems I'm not having any performance penalty for it

These temps are in NZXT CAM/displayed on my AIO though, so higher than what I'd probably see if I was looking at Ryzen Master temps

Associate
Woow what a temps drop from 3000/5000 offset mounting :D thanx Ianh
Idle 30
Load 70-72
All stock
My cine23 MC is higher 18435 but single has drop 1476,okay problem solved for gaming

Associate
anyone here using a voltage offest on the 5950x instead of pbo2?
I'm on the 3Dmark hall of fame with pbo motherboard, and curve optimiser. To get it dialed it to get the very best overall performance isn't a 5 mins job though. I'm rebuilding my rig shortly with a 3rd 5950x and Unify X after my unify had it's Bluetooth die.

Associate
I'm on the 3Dmark hall of fame with pbo motherboard, and curve optimiser. To get it dialed it to get the very best overall performance isn't a 5 mins job though. I'm rebuilding my rig shortly with a 3rd 5950x and Unify X after my unify had it's Bluetooth die.

Your 3rd? You hunting for a gold sample or

Associate
So I have the artic 2 360 and 5900x. My Gaming temps max at about 64,with single core hitting 4950. Running a - 30 UV but even at stock the temps weren't much worse. Might be the mounting, might be a bad chip, do you have the pump plugged into the right place?

Last edited:
Soldato
@Vigorito Yeap, then the pump goes in with the built-in mini fan aimed at the bottom of the case like the image above.

I top mounted my rad with the pipes at the front of the case, used kyronaut paste and have a very good airflow case (thermaltake full tower something) and I only fit 75'c+ with PBO enabled jumping me to 4.4ghz all core in Cinebench R23 IIRC.

I've got a 5900x arriving tomorrow and an artic 280mm, you say the fan aimed at the bottom?

The image above and the artic page you linked to shows the fan towards the top? Do you have a pick of your system? I'm a bit confused.

Associate
I dont get it why after load is finished (gaming),after i close the game cpu remains on the same temps.and its not planning to go down at all like 30 mins for sure,only way i can bring it down is to fire up task manager/performance tab and it goes immediately down 30-35 ,(same goes with oppening the ryzen master but i uninstalling RM,HWINFO64 too many monitoring programs right now just having argus monitor and msi AB/RIVA,such a weird proccesor,same goes with the cine23 not every time but its happening after benchmark is done its just stays on the same level on temps,can someone please elaborate why this is happening

Last edited:
Associate
I dont get it why after load is finished (gaming),after i close the game cpu remains on the same temps.and its not planning to go down at all like 30 mins for sure,only way i can bring it down is to fire up task manager/performance tab and it goes immediately down 30-35 ,(same goes with oppening the ryzen master but i uninstalling RM,HWINFO64 too many monitoring programs right now just having argus monitor and msi AB/RIVA,such a weird proccesor,same goes with the cine23 not every time but its happening after benchmark is done its just stays on the same level on temps,can someone please elaborate why this is happening
That does sound like a bad mount, if it's wicking the heat correctly it should go down immedietely

Back
Top Bottom