Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 34.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Shall I get apple or third party ones that are half the price that ever good reviews and use find my iOS

All of my device trackers are AirTags except a credit card sized one I have in my wallet. Well, I used to have it in my wallet. It was utter garbage so it's sitting in my drawer.

Buy the Apple ones.

Soldato
The only things I can think of that might need an AirTag is putting one in my MacBook Air laptop case but that seems pointless as you can just take it out. I could also put one on my keys but same.

Commissario
OP
Will that be needed just the review looks good. For the amount time I use them in luggage
You'll never be able to track closer than 30ft with these. So if you were to put one on your keys and then misplaced your keys, it would be utterly useless for finding them, whereas AirTags will take you literally right to them.

Soldato
You'll never be able to track closer than 30ft with these. So if you were to put one on your keys and then misplaced your keys, it would be utterly useless for finding them, whereas AirTags will take you literally right to them.
How you know the ones i want doesnt do this?

Commissario
OP
That one doesn't have UWB for fine tracking either. None of these ones which are half the price of AirTags do, that's why they're half the price.

Soldato
I haven't looked at the links you posted. When you asked about the non Apple trackers I said I'd had one and it was crap so I won't use them.

If you want to get the cheaper one, then get the cheaper one.
My point is why it says it got tracking when been told it hasn't it useless to navigate to the item

Commissario
OP
Quite confuse as they said can track to the device
I don't know how many more times I can say the same thing. They don't have fine tracking. Technically, you can track to the item but you won't get any closer than 30ft because they don't have UWB and therefore they don't have fine tracking.

If you're happy with that, buy the cheap ones. If you want more accurate tracking then you need actual AirTags.

If you want to get the cheaper one, then get the cheaper one.
This, just be aware of the limitations.

Back
Top Bottom