Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
Yes the range between your device and the Airtag is limited but it works with the findmynetwork and providing there are other iphones nearby it will piggyback of them to show the location.

I may buy a pack of 4, but then use most of them for presents for friends. I'd only really use one for my keys and that's it. Although since I'm on an iPhone SE which doesn't have the U1 chip I'm not sure if it would be decent or not?

Just be aware the four pack comes packaged together, so you’ll need to repack somehow to give as presents separately.

Yes the range between your device and the Airtag is limited but it works with the findmynetwork and providing there are other iphones nearby it will piggyback of them to show the location.

yes though in the airport scenario tracking a bag etc, you’ve got to be in the situation that a staff member is within say 10m of the tag and carrying an apple device that is recent enough and updated to the current iOS version multiple times throughout your bags journey. I very much doubt that’d work effectively to track a moving bag.

yes though in the airport scenario tracking a bag etc, you’ve got to be in the situation that a staff member is within say 10m of the tag and carrying an apple device that is recent enough and updated to the current iOS version multiple times throughout your bags journey. I very much doubt that’d work effectively to track a moving bag.
As mentioned if there were enough iPhones in the vicinity then the Find My network should work.
However, I was more interested in the waiting at the actual baggage reclaim carousel. Once the tag enters Bluetooth range you would get notified therefore you know it’s nearby. To my mind it would avoid the rugby scrum at the carousel. Just find a seat (granted these are few and far between) and wait for the ping.

What stops someone stealing someone's lost Air Tag and reprogramming it to use for themselves? Surely it has to be possible due to the second-hand market and need to wipe them?

What stops someone stealing someone's lost Air Tag and reprogramming it to use for themselves? Surely it has to be possible due to the second-hand market and need to wipe them?
AirTags get added to your Apple account. They’re like iPhones, if someone steals one, they’re locked to the account they were set up on.

If a tag gets pinched, it’s utterly useless.

Missed out on the Spigen and Belkin keyrings so going to have to either wait for them to come back in stock or hope some other decent third party offerings become available.

How long before one of these is used as evidence of infidelity in divorce proceedings?

Fly-boys be checkin their pockets real good from now on...
:D

I have got a circle cutter here which I will be using to cut a clear sheet of sticky backed plastic (Fablon) to make a temporary cover until the rainforest have some available.

It will be going into a leather fob holder so it its slightly oversized, the holder will hide the temporary cover.

Cheers all

I went back and forth on getting them then bought the 4 pack, still need to get some holders for them. Actually think i'll stick one on each of the kids when we go out somewhere that will be busy or they are prone to running around in just in case. They are too young for one of the kids smart phones so will give this a go.

This is the best thing came out of apple after iphone. Now I can track my Dog

I mean sure, but make sure you know what the AirTag is capable of. Precision finding works within 50ft of an iPhone 11 or 12. Outside of 50ft you are relying on the tag being pinged by another persons iPhone for location info.

I mean sure, but make sure you know what the AirTag is capable of. Precision finding works within 50ft of an iPhone 11 or 12. Outside of 50ft you are relying on the tag being pinged by another persons iPhone for location info.

Ok. thanks for the information.
Will it work with an android phone?

Back
Top Bottom