Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I mean sure, but make sure you know what the AirTag is capable of. Precision finding works within 50ft of an iPhone 11 or 12. Outside of 50ft you are relying on the tag being pinged by another persons iPhone for location info.

That was my main aim to get a AppleTag but seeing as we usually walk Cali in woods/fields it wouldn't be that useful!

Still, i want one cause of new and shiny

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yeah but you don't protect your keyring from scratches, it's not like they are £2,000 keyring, and this is certainly not that. It's a £25 thing that you put onto something more important than the tag itself. The tag is not the valuable item here, the thing it is tracking is.

But each to their own.

I'm with you, I'm not bothered about it being scratched into oblivion. I was explaining why those things existed.

Yep it's a cheap device, still loads of people buying £350 Hermes accessories for them.. madness!

Caporegime
I'm with you, I'm not bothered about it being scratched into oblivion. I was explaining why those things existed.

Yep it's a cheap device, still loads of people buying £350 Hermes accessories for them.. madness!

Each to their own...I might just stick one somewhere in my car with some duct tape, in case it gets stolen, won't even need a case.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yep mine shipped with the Belkin key ring, as well as my Capri blue silicone case (one of the new colours). Being delivered tomorrow via DPD. Now just need to get my order in the for new iMac tomorrow.

Soldato
Looking forward to the test. My current Tile is rubbish, it doesn’t go off until you’re very close and sometimes it doesn’t even go off once you’ve found the keys. I can’t wait to get rid of it.

Associate
122966-CB-7953-42-DA-846-C-985-B10-ED5-F0-B.jpg

These arrived yesterday from Amazon-£16.99 for the pair. They’ll do nicely.

Caporegime
Contemplating on getting these, I’ve voted yes but not sure how good they will be on luggage when I travel.
I suppose rather than having it outside, I’d shove it inside my suitcase.

Missus thinks it’s a waste of money but pfft what does she know :p.

Caporegime
Contemplating on getting these, I’ve voted yes but not sure how good they will be on luggage when I travel.
I suppose rather than having it outside, I’d shove it inside my suitcase.

Missus thinks it’s a waste of money but pfft what does she know :p.

Think of it this way.

If you didn't have it, you would not have any chance to track it at all. This gives you a brief window and time to track it before it's detected and removed.

How useful question will be answered once it is stolen and to be honest not a question that we are dying to find out.

It can be used at least during the luggage carousel when you can check where it is, there will be enough people in the airport to have enough iPhones around to be able to see if it's on its way or someone took it by accident or stole it on its way out of the airport.

Man of Honour
So early tests are pretty underwhelming.

In my wallet, it can't actually tell me the distance until I'm 13-15 foot away, and then can't tell me the direction it's in until I'm about 7-8 foot away. Outside my wallet, it connects a lot sooner, maybe 25 foot away, but still can't tell me a distance until 18 foot away, direction about the same 7-8 foot. So they really aren't going to be useful outside unless you're in a busy town or city centre with lots of pings to other devices. I feel for anyone who has bought them for pets as they will be virtually useless out in the countryside.

I'm still pleased with them though, as for me, they were only ever for losing items in the house, like keys or wallets etc, which they are good enough for

Back
Top Bottom