• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Out of curiosity I watched an 8k video on youtube and saw 30% CPU usage on the 12700. That's much higher than I was expecting, wonder what previous gen CPUs get if anyone has a system and wants to try the same video?

Link: https://youtu.be/06a9YETMQRk

P-Core 6 is brimmed here :D

Interesting that whilst the RTX is 30% utilised too, the CPU plays a big factor which I guess that's the load on the browser in the most part during 8K playback.

04YQXDW.jpg

My 6700K certainly would frameskip all over that lol. Setting the stream to 4k is just 3% CPU usage.

Edit*

I just wanted to check what cores are used during gaming so fired up Cyberpunk and it looks like games do indeed use the E-Cores, or at least Thread Director will make use of them in gaming when no other app needs to do stuff in the BG:

cuXoMt9.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah on the Asus cashback page it said how long the claim period is so you have a window to make the claim before it's gone. You can check claim status too on the top right of the page if you have already submitted.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm running the 12600 IGPU and it takes the load of the CPU, same with the 3080, guess Turing need a little help from the CPU.

ERIUuXb.png

Interesting, yours shows some dropped frames there but cool seeing the core usage there, basically no HT threads being used although I wonder how much Thread Director factors in different things running in the BG too based on what threads it allocates to stuff like this on different systems.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hope I get the cash back after spending over 500 on this board another 599 For the cpu .is there a time limit on this?

image.png

Soldato
Well i am crazy but just gone for an MSI MAG Z690 DDR4 /12700k with a new case to boot the Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL.

I can't help myself i am so weak :cry:

Soldato
Yeah on the Asus cashback page it said how long the claim period is so you have a window to make the claim before it's gone. You can check claim status too on the top right of the page if you have already submitted.

im doing this now but its asking me for a promo product serial..do i have to have the mobo box for that?

Caporegime
Finally built mine yesterday

Intel 12900k
ASUS Intel Z690 ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING
32GB DDR5 RAM
2x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD's
Asus Strix 3090

Need to sort that GPU sag out, but works perfectly

pvmThvX.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Compact and cool!
I got the 64GB RAM installed yesterday, no issues to note. Same timings as the 32GB kit so didn't really change anything other than the voltage which when at 1.35 was being shown as 1.34, not much I know but I upped it to 1.36 and it's now reported at 1.35 so... yeah quirky :p

Back
Top Bottom