• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Soldato
Well you could always have another go with a BIOS update, as Gigabyte have release another. The only documented feature is support for the new 12900 variant. But, as always, it is the undocumented ones that will bite you :D

Soldato
Mine has a "b" suffix so I reckon that it is a rushed BIOS release for the 12900 variant and the final will be released in time, without any suffix. The same applied for the previous release.
My pointy stick seems to be working fine, as does the PC after updating it. Still at 5.1 and 4Ghz, lol.

At least you are stable now Mark, that's what's important.

Soldato

Too small to be 12th gen and by the looks of the gold pad layout it seems to be 7th gen.

So anyone else manually enabling AVX512? :p

I have on my 12900K but outside of console emulation like Switch, PS2, PS3 etc... which sees a few % performance bump, I generally leave it off as I see no perf gain in my day to day use and lose the e-cores which can be quite useful.

Last edited:
Soldato
Speaking of which, why is isopropanol so hard to buy in the UK?

In South Africa I can get it at every pharmacy, here, it might as well be gold dust.

The UK is a nanny state, I asked in boots a while ago, 1 staff member had never heard of it and the other looked like I'd just asked if I could photocopy my buttocks and plaster them all over the store "oh no we wouldn't sell that sort of thing here" really weird country.

The rainforest does litre bottles for £10 though.

Associate
The UK is a nanny state, I asked in boots a while ago, 1 staff member had never heard of it and the other looked like I'd just asked if I could photocopy my buttocks and plaster them all over the store "oh no we wouldn't sell that sort of thing here" really weird country.

The rainforest does litre bottles for £10 though.
Turns out that they renamed it to surgical spirits and you can’t buy the 70% proof stuff because they are worried people will huff it.

You can only buy the 99.9% stuff. Will pick some up this week - I’m building my new rig.

I agree that it’s a nanny state but it’s a bit hypocritical when every corner has a off-license open late so that you can drown your sorrows in the wee hours.

Back
Top Bottom