******** The Official amateur radio thread ********

Commissario
OP
Which sadly has no method of raising anything up it, no pulleys, ropes, halyards, or anything whatsoever mounted on it and is completely and totally electrically connected to the body of the ship :(

We look at it every year and sigh.

Associate
Looks like fun.

I spent most of the weekend ferrying kids around. I think my next step is to replace the co-ax to this tuner so i can discount it. After that, it will be checking earths on the box and trying a different wire on the end.

Trying to keep whatever is put up fairly stealth like, so no masts etc :)

Associate
Which sadly has no method of raising anything up it, no pulleys, ropes, halyards, or anything whatsoever mounted on it and is completely and totally electrically connected to the body of the ship :(

We look at it every year and sigh.

If it is every year, then can't you use the time in between to come up with a way of getting round the issue? (Not that I have any idea how you might do it :) )

Commissario
OP
Remind me your callsign, I’ll get Tony to listen for you.

/edit - trust me when you’re calling with your call and I’ll get whoever is operating at the time to listen for you.

Soldato
Haha top man. I only managed 80m and it was a struggle to break the pile up, I was messing around with a 9:1 unun and 124ft of wire. I snapped a vid if Bill wants it for his collection.

Back to usual trapped inverted L today.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking about doing the foundation exam to become a ham radio operator and was wondering if anyone else on this forum was qualified so they could give a few hints and tips?

Soldato
I'm thinking of doing the foundation exam for amateur radio, but I'm finding it hard to find information on progressing to the next stages afterwards. If anyone can offer any advice to a newbie, that would be great.

Commissario
OP
The RSGB is a good place to start - Have a look here.

The syllabus has just changed for all the exams so some clubs may not yet be up to speed on their courses. Where in the country are you?

Back
Top Bottom