*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

£400 trade in for the 14pro 128GB is not terrible. Not great but not terrible.

In the quest to USBC all my things it is marginally tempting even if it does not feel, overall, like a huge upgrade.

As expected, I have no plans to change my 13 Pro Max.

I have ordered a set of AirPods 4 with ANC, that'll be interesting to see a) how well they fit and b) how well the ANC works.

If they don't fit as well as the AirPods 3, they'll be going back.

128GB is base storage on the Pro; seems a bit stingy in this day and age. Bet the RAM is still terrible, which won’t be ideal for LLM longevity.

Probably ok if you’re coming from anything under the 13 (maybe including the 13).

As expected, I have no plans to change my 13 Pro Max.

I have ordered a set of AirPods 4 with ANC, that'll be interesting to see a) how well they fit and b) how well the ANC works.

If they don't fit as well as the AirPods 3, they'll be going back.
The AirPods are a tempting option although I’m perfectly happy with my 3’s. The ANC is intriguing and I can’t stand the silicone tipped pro’s.

I can honestly say that nothing tempts me at this event. Same stuff as last year... and the year before... and ...

Hoping that the iPad and Mac stuff later this year can be more interesting.

I can honestly say that nothing tempts me at this event. Same stuff as last year... and the year before... and ...

Hoping that the iPad and Mac stuff later this year can be more interesting.
I’m not even expecting big things there either. All I’m holding out for now (in terms of an upgrade for my 16 inch M1 Pro) is to pick up the M3 Max (or M4 Max down the line) from the refurb store.

I really feel Apple are missing an Air option here because at least when you watched the launch of the iPad Pros that did a who bunch of stuff you dont need unless you are a content creator, you had somewhere to go instead.

I consume on my iPhone and it runs my life in terms of banking, lists, notes , reminders, music, podcasts, some videos etc. I also take the odd photo. My needs will never change so just give me a big screen lighter phone and better battery or whatever. Give me stuff I can use. I find it hard to believe there are many people who actually need the high end functionality that they are peddling here.

Last edited:
Ordered the new AirPods 4 with ANC. Had to sell my Airpod Pros as they flare up eczema in my ear canals. But the standard Airpods don’t cause any issues, be nice to get ANC back again. May get the 16 Pro on Friday to upgrade my 15 Pro.

When the 16PM launches it's probably a great time for a deal on the 15PM, theres next to no difference

Just gone through the specs on the Apple store comparison and it's hilarious how similar they are, no wonder they are pushing AI as it seems the tech has been maxed out for now

Last edited:
Never watched so much nothing. I guess if I was some amateur photographer or something it’s cool, but could’ve summed this up in 5min.
I half fell for the camera stuff last year (as well as wanting a premium phone in smaller form factor) and got a 15pro after years of defacting to android and honestly I feel like most of the time my pixel 6 took better photos

Atleast I don't want to 'upgrade' after these announcements

Back
Top Bottom