*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

Meh, I was hoping for something a bit more with the 16PM, I just don't know what though and waiting for Apple to invent it :D. So I'll be sticking with my 11PM for that bit longer.

Pre ordered my pre order, Barclays approved, trade in applied.

First time trading with Apple, assume they will send me all the details around the time they send me the new phone?
They would send you the phone first I think and then the box to return after.

Because if they send you the return first then you can’t do phone to phone migration. Since not everyone uses iCloud, plus it’s also faster.

Naturally less massive steps forward now given how mature the phone is. But the pro camera upgrade looks nice and given my 14 pro max battery health is at 81% the new battery will be welcome. The distinction with the pro phones looks less and less now each year.

there are states with 0 sales tax, and many others with very low tax compared to our VAT
A US phone may not support the same network frequencies in the UK so you may not get 5g etc.

You will need to pay VAT and possibly duty when reentering the UK with the phone as it’s above the threshold.

Another thing to consider are US phones are often locked from the store and will need unlocking.

Last edited:
I've pre ordered a 16 pro (256gb - black). I need a new phone as my 13 pro is battered and the battery is dying but it doesn't feel like it's going to be a massive leap. I'm half considering cancelling my pre order and getting a 15 pro instead when a good deal comes up.

Back
Top Bottom