*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

It would have taken something special for me to upgrade my 15 Pro Max and that wasn’t it.

Think my S4 watch will last another year and I won’t be getting the AirPod Pro MAX.

My wife’s iPhone SE (2020) needs a new battery but might upgrade her to a 15 if the price comes down now the 16 is out.

Bit of a “meh” launch day to be honest.

I half fell for the camera stuff last year (as well as wanting a premium phone in smaller form factor) and got a 15pro after years of defacting to android and honestly I feel like most of the time my pixel 6 took better photos

Atleast I don't want to 'upgrade' after these announcements
I don’t get why they put so much focus on it; maybe it does attract people to buy it because, like you said, it creates a “maybe I could do that” moment, when realistically most of us just want to take a picture with the least amount of effort and have it look good.

Honestly, the dedicated camera button is 10x more exciting than the whole movie maker bs.

I think I'll wait until the 17PM - currently running 13pro.

When I upgrade I want all 3 cameras to be more than 12mp - I also want better apertures on the lenses, my 13p is F1.5 on the main camera, yet the new ones are F1.78.

So yeah, 48mp makes most sense on the zoom camera - I think they are holding it back simply so there is something new next year.

With all the other gubbins from the updated stuff, 2025 should be the year to upgrade.

The AirPods are a tempting option although I’m perfectly happy with my 3’s. The ANC is intriguing and I can’t stand the silicone tipped pro’s.
I am as well but it's the ANC which I'm interested in. It's not going to work as well as the Pros or the Max, I'm fine with that. I think the bottom line is that if they fit, I'll keep them.

I think I'll wait until the 17PM - currently running 13pro.

When I upgrade I want all 3 cameras to be more than 12mp - I also want better apertures on the lenses, my 13p is F1.5 on the main camera, yet the new ones are F1.78.

So yeah, 48mp makes most sense on the zoom camera - I think they are holding it back simply so there is something new next year.

With all the other gubbins from the updated stuff, 2025 should be the year to upgrade.
Correcting for the sensor size the 1.5 is going to behave like a 2.17 on the new sensor.

I’ll likely probably maybe get myself a 16 Pro Max and a 16 Pro for the wife as they offer decent upgrades on what we already have. The AI and Camera Intelligence were both particularly interesting and I’m hoping they’ll both live up to the hype

I’ll likely probably maybe get myself a 16 Pro Max and a 16 Pro for the wife as they offer decent upgrades on what we already have. The AI and Camera Intelligence were both particularly interesting and I’m hoping they’ll both live up to the hype
Nothing lives up to the Apple hype machine. And that’s from someone who’s entrenched in the ecosystem.

Well giving that I never wanted the 15PM in the first place, I'll be getting the 16Pro, see how much Apple give me on trade in given its only 6 months old...

I will be heading to the US in November if I buy a pro max 512Gb I save around £400 on the UK pricing exchange rate. Are there any other differences between US and UK spec ?

Back
Top Bottom